Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Potential Memory Leak in User Mode Driver for Intel Graphics Technology when using OpenGL

ALind15
Beginner

We are facing a memory leak when using .net Application (.net 4.6.1 C# Windows Forms with OpenTK GLControl) with Intel HD graphics (inside igdgmm32.dll). Our capabilities are limited, can you help further analyzing?

Preconditions

Intel HD Graphics

• verified with:
  • Intel UHD 630 (Driver: 26.20.100.6911), Windows 10 => igdgmm32.dll
  • Intel HD 530 (Driver: 21.20.16.4542), Windows 7 => ig9icd32.dll
  • Intel HD 620 (Driver: 26.20.100.6888), Windows 10 => igdgmm32.dll
  1. Create Windows Form
  2. Add GLControl (make sure property "Dock" is set to "DockStyle.Fill"
  3. Shrink or grow GLControl on every frame

Note: when removing the dock-style setting, the leak does not occure.

Note: this is not representing the actual usage, this is just to make this issue occur more likely.

Screenshot of growing memory consumption in igdgmm32.dll

ANTS_ProfilerScreen.png

Related information

Operating system

• Windows 10 (OS build 17134.1006)

NuGet:

• OpenTK 3.1.0
  • OpenTK GLControl 3.1.0

What runtime (.NET Framework, CoreCLR, Mono)

• .net Framework 4.6.1

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ALind15
Beginner

Below you find a Redgate ANTS Memory Profiler Result ("MemleakTest_ProfilerResults_101819.zip") and a CSharp Test Project ("MemleakTest.zip").

After starting the Test Project, the GLControl (UserControl as a Container for OpenGL Drawings) will start switching back and forth the Back and Front Buffer. By pressing the "s" key, a thread is started to Grow and Shrink this UserControl leading to the described MemoryLeak.

Please let me know if you need any further details or want me to re-transmit the files if outdated before investigating.

Thanks in advance!

Secure File Downloads:

Available until: 25 October 2019

Click links to download:

MemleakTest_ProfilerResults_101819.zip

302.77 KB

MemleakTest.zip

11.18 KB

You have received secure links within this email sent via File Transfer Service. To retrieve the files, please click on the links above.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello ALind15

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

In order to understand more about this behavior please confirm the following details:

What application is having this behavior?

Are you developing this application?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ALind15
Beginner

Hi Leornardo,

thanks for your answer.

The application is written in C# (.net 4.6.1). In that application, I use OpenTK as a wrapper for OpenGL (https://github.com/opentk/opentk).

I sent the same request to their board as well in order to isolate the faulty behavior.

I wrote a sample project that shows the described behavior. You can find it attached to my previous comment (MemleakTest.zip).

I hope that helps,

Best regards,

André

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello ALind15

After reviewing the details on the behavior that you are having I am noticing that you are writing/developing the application, I would recommend referring to our Intel® developer zone (https://software.intel.com/en-us/home) for more detail assistance on this issue. 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
ALind15
Beginner

I reopened this request on the developer board. Thanks for you assistance.

0 Kudos