Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

PowerDVD deinterlacing problems (GS45)

idata
Employee

I reported the following problem to Cyberlink:

"if I enable both clearvideo acceleration and de-interlacing in PowerDVD 9 Ultra I experience extremely jerky DVD playback. Playback is smoother with de-interlacing disabled, but with severe combing instead. The problem only appears to be evident when watching video full-screen (at 1920x1200), and only affects (or more severely affects) film footage (as opposed to animated). The effect is most obvious on pans and zooms, where the video seems to alternately speed up and slow down or skip. It affects both PAL and NTSC discs. I don't have the same problem with Blu-ray discs."

Before reporting the problem I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of the intel drivers and PowerDVD. Their eventual response:

"that this is due to VGA hardware deinterlacing and it can not work fine. I suggest you to contact your VGA card manufacturer to provide you the updated drivers."

Now since both their site and intel's specifically state that PowerDVD is optimised for Clearvideo this seems like a cop out.

Other details:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

VGA: intel GMA 4500MHD

VGA driver version: 8.15.10.2086

Audio device: Realtek HD audio

Audio device driver version: R2.44 (6.0.1.6066)

display connection: HMDI out, DVI in

dual monitors, extended mode

Antivirus SW: Microsoft Security Essentials.
0 Kudos
0 Replies