Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problem: screen blinks when after wake from hibernate (after driver update)

Xann1
Beginner

It happens only after waking up from hibernate (i.e after complete shutdown or after sleep it works well).

It also seems to be related somehow to the touchpad. The blinks are getting worse while using the touchpad.

I am pretty much sure it's related to the 26.20.100.7926 driver that I got on April 23, 2020 . The problem has started just after this update. So I reverted my OS (using windows restore point), and that did solve the problem. But then windows update did install the faulty driver again... (I know I can revert again, and somehow ban this update from being automatically installed, but that is not a root cause solution)

Attached all the necessary files

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Xann1

Thank you for the detailed description of the behavior that you are having. I am looking into HP driver for your system and I can see that the driver version 26.20.100.7926 is one of the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (HP), these drivers have been customized by HP to be used (functional) with your system model. If the driver update is having this behavior it is recommended to reach out to HP support to report the behavior.

You can try the following test:

try installing the Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers Version 26.20.100.8141 (generic driver/non-custumized) on the system and evaluating if the behavior is still present; if the issue is not present please reported with HP form them to release a new customized for the system.

NOTE: if you run into an error during the driver update you can follow the steps on Intel® HD Graphics Installation Error: This Installation Package is Not Supported by this Processor Type.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Xann1
Beginner

Looks like the 8141 non-customized driver did solve it. THANKS!

I'll let HP know.

BTW, I strictly followed the installation instructions (disconnect from the internet, delete the device driver w/ files, scan, restart, install, restart), but after I finished (and the driver version was indeed the new 8141, windows update still installed the HP's 7926 (which is weird because it's lower version number), and then I had to reinstall the 8141...

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello Xann1

I am glad to hear that the system worked fine. Yes, we would recommend reporting the behavior with HP.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
FMedi5
Beginner

i've been experiencing the same problem. glad im not alone. My screen goes black and flashes random white lines (vertical and horizontal lines} i have been trying to figure this out for week now. When waking up from sleep mode and i go to use the trackpad the screen goes crazy. i have also narrowed it down to  the 26.20.100.7926 driver. When rollback the driver and uninstall it resolved the issue of the screen going crazy but with previous driver options (including microsoft basic display adapter) i get stutters and lower frame rate when watching youtube content. Going into system information shows that my display has gone from 60hz down to 1hz (which makes no sense) i am going to try the fix discussed above and report back. Fingers crossed because this is driving me nuts.

HP Notebook 15-dy1024wm

Operating system

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Microprocessor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz

System memory

8 GB

Memory slot 1

4GB SK Hynix 2667MHz

Memory slot 2

4GB SK Hynix 2667MHz

System board