Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem updating z2760-based tablets to windows 8.1

JThra1
Beginner

Hi there..

I have problems with the Graphics Media Accelerator not responding when going in and out of sleep mode on two different CloverTrail-based tablets; the Elitepad 900 from HP, and the Lenovo Tablet 2.

Both tablets show prolonged "black screen" when going out of sleep as well as a message in the corner notifying me that the driver has stopped responding and has recovered. sometimes even multicolor static on the screen before recovering.

The Elitepad also suffers from the "classical" Event id: 41 power kernel failure. I've tweaked the power options at no avail.

So.. I realise from this chart: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/4th-generation-intel-atom-processor-based-tablet-overview 4th Generation Intel® Atom™ Processor-Based Tablet Overview that technically Windows 8.1 is unsupported on CloverTrail. It is though really frustrating considering the fact that we've been waiting for 8.1 so long and have purchased the tablets because of the update.

So what im asking is. Are you guys planning to update the chipset to make it win 8.1 compatible? Atom-based tablets and win 8.1 rocks

Regardsvertrailgraphics_updatedisplay_error

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Nagelfar^^,

For this specific controller, the driver is provided by the product manufacturer. My best recommendation is to contact the system manufacturer and they will provide the drivers that came along with your product.

JThra1
Beginner

@Kevin_Intel

The drivers that came along with my product was ofc only for Windows 8 since 8.1 wasn't released at the time of purchase.

But okay.. Neither HP nor Lenovo have any chipset/GMA-driver released yet, I am talking with HP so I hope they will make some kind of fix.

It was just, you know, a general issue on z2760 when updating to Win8.1 so I thought you guys perhaps was in some sort of dialogue with MS or something.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Nagelfar^^,

Check with your OEM now. There was recently a driver update released to OEM's that they should be distributing to users. Check the HP* website and see if the new driver update is available. If not, contact them directly and ask where it is

EDIT: Also, this driver is available via Windows* Update. Check there if your OEM does not have it as well.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos