Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Problem with External display Intel HD Graphic

AOpsz
Beginner

Do anyone knows how to solve problem with Intel HD Graphic card HDMI port? It doesnt work and do not finding extended display.

Computer:

• ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. VivoBook 14_ASUS Laptop E406SA

Operating System:

• Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bitowy)

Processor:

• Intel® Celeron® CPU N3160 @ 1.60GHz

Graphics:

• Intel® HD Graphics

• Adapter Compatibility: Intel Corporation
  • Video Processor: Intel® HD Graphics
  • Resolution: 1366 x 768
  • Bits Per Pixel: 32
  • Number of Colors: 4294967296
  • Refresh Rate - Current: 60 Hz
  • Refresh Rate - Maximum: 60 Hz
  • Refresh Rate - Minimum: 60 Hz
  • Driver Provider: Intel Corporation
  • Driver Version: 20.19.15.4835
  • Driver Date: 10/16/2017
  • Adapter DAC Type: Internal
  • Adapter RAM: 1.00 GB
  • Availability: Running at full power
  • DeviceId: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22B1&SUBSYS_1E701043&REV_35\3&11583659&1&10

Audio:

• Audio for Intel® Displays
  • Realtek High Definition Audio

Networking and I/O:

• Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter

Memory:

• 4 GB

Storage:

• Hynix HCG4a2
  • Generic SD64G SD Card

External Display:

• IIYAMA G-Master G2530HSU

Before anyone start to give solutions i have to say this:

• HDMI cable works
  • Intel display drivers reinstaled few times, also different versions of drivers were used
  • external projector / samsung TV works propertly connected to Notebook HDMI
  • IIyama external display works propertly with xbox360 / xbox one X / PS4 Pro / stationary computer / 2nd notebook
  • after fast switching HDMI cables i can see the picture on IIyama monitor for a sec or two and then its gone / external display is not visible anymore and not recognized by system
  • seems to not working in this speciffic setup only: Asus e406S n& Iiyama G2530HSU
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

HDMI cable works, but not necessarily on your notebook. Cables can be (and are) a huge issue.

You need to contact ASUSTeK, as they are responsible for your support and warranty.

Doc

0 Kudos
AOpsz
Beginner

I've checked 8 different cables. Asustek sended me away to Intel saying that is a drivers issue with recognizing​ external display

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Even if it is a driver problem, it is still Asustek's responsibility to correct it, or work with Intel to correct it. They are not providing you with what you paid for. Personally, I would return the notebook and get a refund, and then go to some reputable integrator.

Doc

0 Kudos
AOpsz
Beginner

HDMI works normaly with different devices, samsung TV & external projector, just doesnt work with that specific monitor from IIyama that i bought lately

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I would return the monitor. Also, what version of windows 10 do you have? 1903?

Doc

0 Kudos
AOpsz
Beginner

IIyama display works fine with other devices so it doesnt have problem as well. The spec of my other notebook is almost the same only difference is Nvidia graphic card and its recognize the monitor propertly. Nope its 1803 same as on other notebook. 1903 is a piece of ....... 🙂 Just checked it with my friend notebook with radeon card - works fine as well. Seems like only Intel card / driver got problems with recognizing the Iiyama display.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What is the source of your drivers? For laptops with dual graphics solutions, it is imperative that you use only drivers from the laptop vendor. Do not use drivers from either the Intel or NVIDIA sites without explicit instructions from the laptop vendor that they can be used. Laptop vendors often modify the graphics drivers to support particular laptop features and, in the case of dual graphics solutions, switching between which solution is active. Using the drivers from the Intel or NVIDIA site could result is specific features (including DRM) not working or not working properly.

Al is absolutely correct. The laptop vendor is responsible for all issues. They should not be telling you to come to Intel for help. This is them punting on their responsibilities. If there is a driver issue, the laptop vendor is required to go through the defined processes for having Intel look at this issue. Again, the laptop vendor is solely responsible for bringing the issue to Intel, NOT YOU. If the drivers that the laptop vendor has posted are old, this is also an issue between you and your laptop vendor.

...S

0 Kudos