Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Problem with Intel Iris Xe Graphics

RiccardoDeRemigis

hi, a few days ago I updated the video card drivers to the latest version and with the games made with unreal engine crash. I've read on other sites that going back to the previous driver version will work, in fact it did. But how can I play these games with the latest drivers without crashing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
15 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• What are the games being affected? I understand that you mentioned unreal engine games; however, I want to confirm some examples of games crashing.
  • Provide us with more details of what you mean by a crash. Doesn't the game open? Does the game run but then stop working in the middle of gameplay?
  • Make sure you are running the latest Operating System updates.

Doing a clean install of the software/drivers for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction. Corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected. I would recommend you perform a clean installation of the Graphics drivers, installing our latest driver 31.0.101.3790.

It is important to mention that installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM). OEM drivers are handpicked, customized, and validated to resolve platform-specific issues, enable features and enhancements, and improve system stability. Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing, and we recommend using drivers from the system manufacturer (OEM).

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RiccardoDeRemigis

I had problem with Train Simulator Word 2 and 3, the games crash in the middle of the session and i have the latest version of WIndows 11.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis,

I appreciate the information you provided.

In my previous post, I advised you to perform a clean installation for our generic driver 31.0.101.3790. I want to confirm if you have tried this step since I want to confirm the outcome of using our latest Intel Graphics driver. Please let me know if the issue persists after the clean installation.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
RiccardoDeRemigis

Okay i tried and i had the same problem

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis,

Thanks for your response.

This time, I want to confirm more information about your system environment, so please, provide me with the following:

• You mentioned that you rollbacked the graphics driver, do you recall what driver version worked without any issues?
  • Create a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU), this report will gather up-to-date information about your system.
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan, click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
RiccardoDeRemigis
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis,

Thanks for the report.

Checking the information gathered by the Intel SSU, I noticed that it reports that the graphics driver installed on your system is 30.0.101.1660. This is not our latest driver, 31.0.101.3790, which I recommended in my previous posts. Is this the driver that does not present the issue with the games?

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
RiccardoDeRemigis
Oh I’m sorry I didn’t noticed that question.
That’s the driver with no issue in game.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis

Thanks for confirming that information.

I would like to request the proper replication steps for your issue in order for us to use them as a guide to try and reproduce the problem. A video showing the error would be ideal, in case you are able to do so.

Also, I want to request another report using our Intel®️ SSU with our latest driver (31.0.101.3790) installed.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
RiccardoDeRemigis

Hi, im sorry for the long stop, i was in vacation these 2 days.

I send you the ssu report with the latest driver and a video about what happen with this driver

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis,

Thank you for the information provided. 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

We have tried to replicate this issue, however, we were unable to do so. . The game runs fine without crashing/issues

This time I would like to recommend you testing or driver 31.0.101.4032. This one is the latest driver for your Iris® Xe Graphics. Let me know the outcome of trying this specific driver.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
RiccardoDeRemigis
Hi, i also tried this new version yesterday but same thing happen. Is possible that the system is corrupted?
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello RiccardoDeRemigis,

We appreciate your response.

Since we were unable to replicate the issue using our Intel Generic driver, it may indicate that the problem is not related to our graphics driver. As the issue is present after installing the 31.0.101.4032 driver, we recommend contacting HP support for further recommendations; they can perform a hardware inspection if necessary; or contact the game developer for more game debugging.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
RiccardoDeRemigis
0 Kudos