Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Problem with Intel iris xe graphic card

yuvraj_shekhawat
Beginner
graphic card
I have an intel i5 11 gen with iris xe graphic card, so I'm facing issues regarding fps in GTA 5,even at the lowest resolution I'm getting fps below 20

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello yuvraj_shekhawat,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics. I will be glad to assist you.

Please provide the following information:

• Was the video game working fine before? If that is the case, was there any hardware change or driver/OS update before the issue started?
  • How are you measuring the FPS?
  • Does the issue happen with other games?

As well, please perform the following steps:

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
yuvraj_shekhawat
Beginner

Did all the above steps but getting low fps still. As earlier I was getting 45 fps at medium settings in valorant but now getting 27 fps. I had run all the tests and the result was positive and also updated my driver. The temp while playing the game was 70 c and graphic usage was 90%.

0 Kudos
yuvraj_shekhawat
Beginner
When I was purchasing laptop I had seen certain videos regarding this specific graphic card. In that videos this graphic card with same processor as what I have showing good result in playing game like gta 5 working good at hd resolution but in my laptop the games lags at hd resolution and merely gave 8-10fps, even though game stuck at lowest resolution
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

I understand the laptop it is not performing as expected and I will be glad to assist you with this. In order to do so, could you please provide the information requested and perform the steps recommended in my previous reply?

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check my previous response.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
yuvraj_shekhawat
Beginner

NO, still facing the same issue even though it worsened now after your updates. This problem is from initially when I purchased my laptop I'm not getting the desired result 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Please confirm this information:

• How are you measuring the FPS?
  • Does the issue happen with other games?

As well, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
yuvraj_shekhawat
Beginner

I'm measuring FPS from MSI AFTERBURNER. And facing the same problem with other games also even after windows update it became worse.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your detailed response.

Please follow the recommendations below:

1. In Steam, you can do so by opening the Library tab.
  2. Right-click the game.
  3. Click Properties.
  4. Once in the Properties window, click the Local Files tab, and then click Verify Integrity of Game Files.

Please let me know the outcome of each of the previous recommendations.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for confirming that information.

I would like to replicate the issue on a similar environment. In order to do so, kindly provide the SSU report again now that everything is fully updated.

Here are the instructions again: Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
yuvraj_shekhawat
Beginner

The report has been attached.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for the report.

I will be working on this case and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello yuvraj_shekhawat,

Please try the following steps and let me know of the outcome for each of them:

• Try configuring the graphics settings as recommended here: https://gameplay.intel.com/games/grand-theft-auto-v (make sure to expand the 11th Generation Intel Core i5 Processors and select your processor to check the recommended settings).
  • Is the same issue happening when connected to AC power? Check that you have maximum power settings, as this is a laptop and performance may drop to save energy.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
yuvraj_shekhawat
Beginner

Yes, I checked your previous post and the settings for GTA 5 but the problem is that my game is giving 5-8fps with those recommended settings. I played it with minimum settings lower than those recommended in that section. I checked all other options like power settings and my pc performance.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

I will keep working on this. Once I get an update, I will post back here.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello yuvraj_shekhawat,

Many thanks for your patience.

Based on the steps performed, it is possible there is a hardware issue, since your system should be running these games fine, and this is not happening. I highly recommend you ensuring the steps in this article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030302.html) are followed, which most of them were during our interaction.

Our best recommendation is to contact Dell due to a possible hardware issue and for further assistance/information.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos