Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20926 Discussions

microstutters iris xe Asus zephyrus m16

den086
Beginner

HI, I have problems with the graphics scaling
zephyrus m16 gu604VI, Win11, recently cleanly reinstalled, bios 312, all other drivers - Asus OEM
resolution 2560x1600, intel vdriver - 31.0.101.4502 OEM
scale 150% - default
eco mode, integrated graphics work, no turbo boost, 27 watt CPU power limit
in idle and lightly loaded work - office, YouTube, etc., everything works perfectly, there are no lags, stutters, etc.
when the load on the GPU is up to 80% - 2 windows of the game State of survival, other things that load the CPU/GP - I have stutters and lags 
increasing processor power to 65w and turning on turboboost DOES NOT give any changes
when changing the scaling by 125% - lags DISAPPEAR, everything works PERFECTLY in all modes

at the same time, the same thing happens when working in auto mode (intel+nvidia), ultimate, and lags are added in the interface when idle

after changing the scaling by 125% lags in any modes DISAPPEAR, regardless of the load and processor power

For everything to work well under load, you need to switch the scaling EVERY time you boot the system.
p.s. dropping resolution to 1920x1200 and back also help

Suggestions - sort out your drivers and FINALLY make it possible to not suffer when working in native zoom 150% with this laptop, the problem has been there since purchase - summer 2023.

newer drivers from intel, with/without armoury crate and other things doesnt work, except changing the scaling   display in every boot

Asus support says that I am not competent, that everything is fine with me 🙂

I think this will be the last experience with Asus/Intel

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello den086,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Kindly check your email for this issue you've raised. I will wait fr your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos