Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21028 Discussions

microstutters iris xe Asus zephyrus m16

den086
Beginner

HI, I have problems with the graphics scaling
zephyrus m16 gu604VI, Win11, recently cleanly reinstalled, bios 312, all other drivers - Asus OEM
resolution 2560x1600, intel vdriver - 31.0.101.4502 OEM
scale 150% - default
eco mode, integrated graphics work, no turbo boost, 27 watt CPU power limit
in idle and lightly loaded work - office, YouTube, etc., everything works perfectly, there are no lags, stutters, etc.
when the load on the GPU is up to 80% - 2 windows of the game State of survival, other things that load the CPU/GP - I have stutters and lags 
increasing processor power to 65w and turning on turboboost DOES NOT give any changes
when changing the scaling by 125% - lags DISAPPEAR, everything works PERFECTLY in all modes

at the same time, the same thing happens when working in auto mode (intel+nvidia), ultimate, and lags are added in the interface when idle

after changing the scaling by 125% lags in any modes DISAPPEAR, regardless of the load and processor power

For everything to work well under load, you need to switch the scaling EVERY time you boot the system.
p.s. dropping resolution to 1920x1200 and back also help

Suggestions - sort out your drivers and FINALLY make it possible to not suffer when working in native zoom 150% with this laptop, the problem has been there since purchase - summer 2023.

newer drivers from intel, with/without armoury crate and other things doesnt work, except changing the scaling   display in every boot

Asus support says that I am not competent, that everything is fine with me 🙂

I think this will be the last experience with Asus/Intel

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello den086,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Kindly check your email for this issue you've raised. I will wait fr your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello den086,

Thank you for replying to my email.

We value your feedback as it may help us improve our products better. It would be a great help if we could get more information about your system to properly analyze the root cause. If you may, please help us with the following missing key points below:

1) Is this an out-of-the-box issue or has the issue only started recently?

2) If only happened recently, what changes have been made?

3) Based on the screenshots, the current driver installed is not the latest one from our Download Center. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility and share the SSU log file (.txt), so we can verify further. This will allow us to be more familiar with your system configuration and be able to provide an appropriate fix.

4) May we also request to get another set of screenshots you previously submitted but to change it in the English language first?

5) Could you provide more details about any other software or applications running in the background when you experience the lags and stutters?

6) Are there any specific scenarios or conditions that consistently trigger these performance issues?

I will wait for your reply so we can further investigate.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
den086
Beginner

hi, thanks for trying to understand the situation

1.2. The problem has existed since the moment I bought the laptop - 08/16/2023
at the time of purchase:
Jerks and stutters were present when the interface was idle, in games and other tasks in any modes and settings - letters were even duplicated when typing (I wouldn’t want to see this in a device that costs almost $2,000)
after all updates from Asus in November 2023:
it has gotten better - now everything works well in the interface when idle, there are no jerks or stutters, but:
a) ECO mod 240 Hz, power supply from AC - when the load on the Intel GPU is more than 50%, jerks and stutters begin, this is treated by changing the resolution or scaling (for 30 minutes, then you need to change it again), increasing/decreasing the processor power does not give any effect , temperatures are always up to 70 degrees;
b) auto/standard mod (Intel+Nvidia) 240 Hz, power supply from AC - stutters when idle in the interface, games, with/without load, can be treated by changing the resolution or scaling (for 30 minutes, then you need to change it again), increase/decrease processor power, turning turbo boost on/off does not give any effect, temperatures are always up to 70 degrees, FPS drops every second;
c) battery powered, 60 Hz Eco mod - stutters are present approximately 1 time per minute when idle or when playing video
d) in ultimate mode (Nvidia only), 240 Hz, power supply from AC - there were lags and stutters before, but after detailed settings in the Nvidia control panel we managed to get rid of them almost completely

3. I have attached the SSU file, the latest graphics driver available from the manufacturer’s website is installed - ASUS oem 31.0.101.4502, November 2023, ASUS has not updated it in any way since then.
I tried your newest drivers, regular and whql, they work the same as for my case

4. Changing the Windows language to English did not work - there is no such option in Windows, I will send screenshots with translation into English

5. I will attach detailed screenshots and videos under load when the problem is visible, for clarity I will attach a video with UFO (fps counter)

6. Problems arise 1) when there is a load on the integrated graphics in eco mode; 2) idle in auto/standard mode (Intel+Nvidia); 3) under any load in auto/standard mode (Intel+Nvidia); 4) sometimes in idle mode in eco mode with battery power

p.s. - the Intel Graphics control panel lacks many graphics settings, such as v-sync, FPS limitation, and many others, I think it shouldn’t be like this

p.s. 2. - it seems to me that integrated graphics in many cases consume a lot of energy and the main problem lies either in the Intel drivers or in the Asus motherboard

p.s. 3 - the game shown in the video - state of survival, which successfully ran on 7700hq, without consuming more than 20 watts on uhd graphics 630

link with all screens and video of essence of the problem

https://files.fm/u/fbmmyew45c

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello den086,

Thank you for the helpful details you shared.

We have released a new Intel® Graphics Driver 32.0.101.5762, that you may try for now. It's best to do a clean installation of the driver and check if there will be any changes. Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*

If the issue persists, please re-scan your system with the Intel® System Support Utility tool and re-share the file. Please make sure to select "Everything" before scanning., Please also share a screenshot of your Device Manager > showing components under Display Adapters. *These details will be needed for further investigation of the issue.

How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

Additionally,s since you mentioned that the Intel Graphics Control Panel lacks many graphics settings, and your system components meet the requirements for Intel Arc Control, you may want to check the comparison between the two applications here: Differences Between Intel® Arc Control, Intel® Graphics Command Center, and the Intel® Graphics Control Panel

I will wait for your reply.

Best regards,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos
den086
Beginner

hello, i uninstalled by ddu old oem drivers and clean installed  Intel® Graphics Driver 32.0.101.5762, updated wifi and bt drivers, works like old oem drivers, nothing changed

+arc control, but there is not many settings, like on an old intel control center

upd: 

it might have gotten a little better
disabled Asus services, updated all Intel drivers, set smart vsync in graphics settings
There are approximately 10% fewer stutters from charging,
from battery - power consumption has decreased slightly, but stutters appear once per minute

I tried to do all these steps in winter and spring, the situation improved a little, but did not go away completely

0 Kudos
den086
Beginner

hello, i uninstalled by ddu old oem drivers and clean installed  32.0.101.5762, updated wifi and bt drivers, works like old oem drivers,

it started to work almost normally in applications, but stuttering still remains, both from the battery and when charging

0 Kudos
den086
Beginner

upd: system is working better/more effective after turning on vsync/smart vsync,

but stutters still remains on 240Hz under load on eco mode and standart/auto and remians on battery mode 60hz idle

maybe the main problem is the motherboard/bios

0 Kudos
JeanetteC_Intel

Hello den086,

In lieu of your request to continue support for this issue over email, I will now close this thread. Please continue to monitor and communicate this with other email support channel.

Should you need assistance in the future, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Sincerely,

JeanetteC.

0 Kudos