Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Problem with V Sync

Datolya
Beginner

Hi guys!

I just updated my graphic driver to the newest. Since the new update I have the Graphics Command Center instead of the Control Panel. Now my question is, that I can't find the option to turn V Sync off. How do I turn the V Sync off then? In my game setting there is no option also, which bothers me, because my FPS only goes as high as 60. Before this update i could get it at least at 120, sometimes 480, which would be ideal. My laptop has a 60 Hz screen.

I really would like your help.

Update: Nevermind, I just found it. It was actually set to off. I dont know why I have so low FPS though.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Datolya, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

To better assist you please provide the following information:

• What is the model of your graphics adapter?
  • Why would you like to turn off the VSync feature?
  • What is the exact behavior that occurs while gaming?
  • What was the driver version prior to the update?
  • Please provide the model of your laptop.

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Datolya
Beginner

Hello Esteban,

I have a Acer Spin SP513-51 laptop with  Intel HD Graphics 520 videocard, and Intel core i5-6200U CPU.

I would like to turn off  V sync, because it let me get only 60-61 fps, which gives me around 17 ms. In the game I want to play (its name's OSU, it is a rythm game) it is very important to have 8-4 or even under 1 ms.  With 17 ms it is basically unplayable. Before I updated my driver, i could get 120-480 fps, which gave me around 8 ms. In this game I had problems with Alt+tab with my old driver, because the game crashed. The driver version prior to the update was from the Acer website, but unfortunately Acer did not get the newer drivers listed on their site, so untill like now, I used a driver back from 2017. I actually had problems installing the new drivers, because Acer only let me update from their site, where was only this driver version from 2017. But no worries, I could figure it out, so I have now the 27.20.100.8425. version. While I play, it gets very laggy, despite setting the in-game settings according to gameplay.intel.com's advice.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Datolya,

Thank you for your response and the additional information provided.

When talking about laptops, it’s worth mentioning that Intel provides generic versions of software and drivers.

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.

I would recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer to avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers.

This is because system manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design.

That being said, It’s nice to know that you were able to figure out the issue.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored 

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos