Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21077 Discussions

Problem with installing Intel Graphic Driver from a batch file

Rafal_K_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have a problem with installing Intel graphics driver from a batch file. After deploying prepared OS image (with no graphic driver installed) our script executes and the problem appears when it comes to install gfx driver - here's how the batch file looks like:

SET SHARE_PATH= \\path\to\gfx\driver

SET DIR_NAME= 4483

cmd /c "%SHARE_PATH%\%DIR_NAME%\Installer-Release-64-bit\Setup.exe" -s

I even tried to replace the above command with the following one:

cmd /c PnPutil.exe -i -a "%SHARE_PATH%\%DIR_NAME%\Installer-Release-64-bit\Graphics\igdlh64.inf" >> "C:\GFX_INSTALLATION_LOG.txt"

... and here's the "GFX_INSTALLATION_LOG.txt" output:

Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf : igdlh64.inf

Successfully installed the driver on a device on the system.

Driver package added successfully.

Published name : oem40.inf

Total attempted: 1

Number successfully imported: 1

Unfortunately none of this two methods work for me. I'am able to install graphics drivers (simply by executing Setup.exe), but it's impossible to install them by script just after deploying OS image - under Device Manager the Display adapter remains as Standard VGA Graphics Adapter:

What's interesting, the script works as expected when executed again after 1st or 2nd OS reboot:

I discovered this issue on driver v. 20.19.15.4326 and v. 20.19.15.4483. I verified it also on driver v. 10.18.14.4170 and there's no problem - I'm able to install it manually as well as by executing .bat script.

Verified on: Windows7_x64, Windows7_x86

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Rafal

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rafal_K_Intel
Employee

I also verified installation of driver .4483 by script on Windows 10 x64 and it works as expected. So far the problem occurs only on Windows7 (x64, x86).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello StringHead,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please try the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000006773.html Silent Installation for Intel® Graphic Drivers, I hope this one works for you, please let me know if the problem persists.

If the problem persists please reply with your system configuration to better assist you.

You can gather your system configuration using the Intel SSU (System Support Utility):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Once is downloaded please install it and run it and then upload the result to this thread.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved with the information provided above or if you still need further assistance. I if still need I will appreciate if you could reply with the information requested above to better assist you.

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos