Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21224 Discussions

Problem with sound on second screen

ezevillegasok
Beginner

My problem is that I have a second monitor (TV) connected to my computer through an HDMI cable, and it gives me an image, but I cannot make audio play. Does not recognize the sound device. However, when I log into a device, it recognizes it as a monitor.

My devices and OS specifications:

i3 8100 at 3.6Hz

Intel HD 630 Graphics Drivers

ILO brand television model LDH39ILO2M

Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Things I try:

-Connect and disconnect HDMI.

-Uninstall and uninstall the device.

-Enable the device from the playback devices settings (the device does not appear).

-Enter the device manager and try to update the drivers, disable the sound devices, re-enable them and even restart the PC.

The sound works for me from my first monitor also connected through HDMI, I have the second monitor connected directly to the HDMI port on the motherboard and my first monitor through HDMI on the video card, and I came to this by reinstalling the drivers but it didn't work either.

Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The first thing I would try is a clean install of the Intel graphics driver package. Just to be sure, have the TV connected to this port during the process. Here is my clean install process:

1. Download - but do not install just yet - the latest driver package from the Intel site. Here is link to download page: Intel® 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics - Windows.
  2. Disconnect system from Internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable Wireless. Note: if using Wireless, it should be disabled in such a way that reboots can occur without it automatically re-enabling.
  3. In the Apps and Features applet, check to see if there is an Intel HD Graphics or Intel Graphics entry. If not, skip to Step 6.
  4. Click on the Intel HD Graphics or Intel Graphics entry and select Uninstall.
  5. Reboot the system, keeping Internet access disconnected.
  6. From Device Manager, check if there is an entry for an Intel Graphics adapter in the Display Adapters category. If you see only the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, skip to Step 10.
  7. Right-click on the entry for the Intel Graphics adapter and select Uninstall Device. Checkmark Delete the driver software for this device and then click on the Uninstall button.
  8. Repeat step 7 until the entry for the Intel Graphics adapter no longer appears in the Display Adapters category or the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.
  9. Go back to Step 5.
  10. Install the new driver package that you downloaded in Step 1.
  11. Reboot the system.
  12. Reconnect Internet access.
  13. Test (incl. verifying that the TV is selectable as the audio output device).

Depending upon the history of your Windows/Drivers installation, it may take multiple uninstall (and reboot) cycles to clean out the old installations, so don’t give up on the process. If you get to, say, 10 cycles, stop there and attempt the installation of the downloaded driver package.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos