Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Problem with the Intel UHD 730

rdcanfs7
Novice

Hi, I have been experiencing this problem with my I5-11400 and the UHD 730 graphics.

Looks like distortion of the images and QR code on Whatsapp web. I don't know how to explain it, just look the photos and video.

I tried everything:

-I downgraded and updated the BIOS drivers (I have the MSI H510M PRO) did not work.

-Reinstall graphics drivers, did not work.

-Reinstall Windows 10, did not work.

-Tried to fixed something on the Intel command center, did not work.

Funny thing it's when I booted a linux usb image this problem did not occurred (LOL). Maybe Intel it's trying that we go to buy a dedicated graphics card???

I'm so disappointed xd

Windows 10 (chrome browser) video:

https://i.imgur.com/L9GdGul.mp4 

Linux live boot USB (Firefox browser) video:

https://i.imgur.com/zozxUa7.mp4 

Captura.JPG

Captura2.JPG

1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello everybody, I just received an update on this matter.

This is just to let you all know that there will be a new Intel® Graphics driver release, version 9664, it should be available on 11th June on our website and it contains the fix for this problem, we recommend to install it and test it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

rdcanfs7, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

What is the model of the monitor?

Which video port are you using to connect the monitor? Are you using adapters or converters?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
rdcanfs7
Novice

Hi Alberto, nice to meet you.

- Yes, it is a new computer.

-Yes, I build it.

-It is a Samsung S24D390.

-I am using a HDMI port connector directly without any adapters, moreover I connected the vga port but the problem always appears.

-No, it wasn't. I just only installed the OS then I realized the problem when I installed Whatsapp desktop. Then I realized that some web pages like facebook or Amazon have the problem.

-I do not know, I guess that the cpu or gpu have drivers problems.

-No, I did not. I just only updated the latest drivers of the all components.

-I am using Windows 10 20H2 19042.985 x64

-This happened on a home environment.

Ok, I have attached the SSU Report.

Thank you so much Alberto.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi rdcanfs7, nice meeting you too. You are very welcome, thank you for providing that information.

Based on the information showing in the SSU report, the graphics driver currently installed is version 27.20.100.9466, which is the latest Intel® Generic Graphics driver.

Just to let you know, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in MSI's website and the graphics driver they have available is version 27.20.100.9127, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below, look for "Driver" tab, select OS, then "System & Chipset Drivers":

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H510M-PRO#down-driver&Win10%2064

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Regarding the QR code problem, could you please use the following link that generates QR codes just to confirm if the problem is specifically with the Whatsapp application?

https://www.qr-code-generator.com/

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
rdcanfs7
Novice

Hi Alberto.

I installed the version 27.20.100.9127 from the webpage of MSI.

9127.JPG

But the problem did not resolve:

;(.JPG

Then I generated the QR code on the website that you provided me and worked.

qr-code-generator.JPG

Seeing this problem, one friend on my lent me a basic graphic card only for testing, more specific the Nvidia GT 240. I installed the drivers and everything worked fantastic, look the screenshot and video:

lol.JPG

That means that probably the Intel UHD 730 it is the problem.

I hope with a graphic driver update can solve this.

Thank you Alberto.

0 Kudos
Zershuan
Beginner

Hello Alberto, This seem like a widespread problem. I am experiencing the same problem with my I5 11400.
The only way i have found to resolve this issue is to uninstall all Intel Drivers and use the windows default ones.

The problem are PNG  images, images with transparency, Hardware accelerated programs like photoshop. Windows scaling.

I have tried old drivers, motherboard drivers, new drivers, lates intel drivers. The problem persists.
I have found many post on reddit and other forums complaining about the same issue.
Alberto, please bring to the attention of driver developers at intel this problem. It is serious.
As a graphic designer this is a big problem for my everyday work.
I'm not using any intel drivers at the moment since it's the best option, but it brings a lot of other problems.
Please find us a solution we need new drivers to address this issue.

Have a nice day. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
skrobotov
Beginner

Got exactly same issues with two i5-11400

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Zershuan, skrobotov, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Hi rdcanfs7, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

We are sorry to hear the problem remains, we will do further research on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution that works for everybody, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello rdcanfs7, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are currently still working on this case, we just wanted to confirm if hardware acceleration is enabled in Windows or Browsers? 

If so, could you please try to disable that feature and test the QR codes and apps you are running and let us know the outcome? 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Zershuan
Beginner

Hi Alberto, thank you very much for your help.
I made a video to show you the problem and better describe the behavior of this issue.

When disabling hardware acceleration the problem seems to resolver on browsers, but it remains in other applications (disabling it per application).
I have noticed that images with transparency are the problem. Also there seems to be an issue with anti aliasing (in text, high resolution images wich need to be downscale, and photoshop canvas).

I have tried using multiple displays and HDMI's cables. Also a re installed windows and all drivers. The only way to fix this issue has ben to use windows default graphic drivers. Now I'm using the Drivers 27.20.100.9316 (not the latest) wich seems to be more stable. But it still has the same problems.

0 Kudos
ReX_TeCH
New Contributor I

Hi @rdcanfs7 

Hope you are doing well, thanks for posting your query.

You can try the following steps :

1.  go into your browser/settings/advance and disable hardware acceleration you will at least be able to scan them in the browsers once its restarted 

2. This works for me to fix the QRcode of the Whatsapp Desktop App on Windows 10

> Right Click Whatsapp Icon
> Select Properties...
> Select Tab "compatibility mode"
> Select 'Windows 7' for compatibility mode
> Start Whatsapp again

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

ReX_TeCH
(Independent Advisor)

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Zershuan, Thank you very much for providing those results and the video.

Hello rdcanfs7, I just wanted to check if the problem persists or not when disabling hardware acceleration and if the information provided by ReX_TeCH was useful for you?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
rdcanfs7
Novice

Alberto,

I did not disable the hardware accelaration because the last week I bought a GTX 1650. The problem with this graphics card it is gone. 

So I do not want to know anything about the intel UHD graphics 🙂

Captura.JPG

Thank you very much.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

rdcanfs7, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those results.

We completely understand and respect your decision and we are glad to hear that the problem with the distortion of the images and QR code got fixed by installing a graphics card. Thank you for sharing the solution as well.

For the peers viewing this thread, we have reports from other peers that the problem gets fixed by installing the Intel® Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9616:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30500/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

As you can confirm here:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-UHD-750-i7-11700-graphics-problems/m-p/1280919#M96995

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello everybody, I just received an update on this matter.

This is just to let you all know that there will be a new Intel® Graphics driver release, version 9664, it should be available on 11th June on our website and it contains the fix for this problem, we recommend to install it and test it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
TomJacobs1
Beginner

Hi Albert, all,

I confirm that installing version 30.0.100.9667 (was still marked as BETA) solves this issue with the Whatsapp QR-code.

This saves me the cost of buying an external graphics card which I was considering buying to fix this. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
rdcanfs7
Novice

Hello Alberto,

Today I installed the new graphic driver release and everything works great so far.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

5.JPG

¡Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi TomJacobs1, You are very welcome, thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to know that the problem with the Whatsapp QR-code got fixed after installing the Intel® Graphics driver version 30.0.100.9667, hopefully, it will work for other users as well.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello rdcanfs7, You are very welcome, thank you very much for confirming those results and sharing the pictures.

Excellent, great, we are glad to hear that everything works properly after installing the Intel® Beta Generic Graphics driver version 30.0.100.9667 and there are no more problems with the Whatsapp QR-code.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

avenger_bryan
Beginner

I'm very very happy.

I had exactly the same problem and the Intel® Beta update version 30.0.100.9667 solved it.

I hope a similar problem never happens again.

0 Kudos