Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20503 Discussions

Problems with Davinci Resolve on Surface Pro

fabiansky
Beginner

Hello, I'm having trouble starting Davinci Resolve 15.2.3 on my Microsoft Surface Pro (I think its this model  FKL-00002  https://productz.com/en/microsoft-surface-pro/p/6Loz2 ).  So this is my first attempt at running DaVinci. When I click to open the program, it loads for a split second before disappearing. I keep an eye on my task manager and see it emerge for a single second before disappearing. I'm unable to upload my crash log because it has never even started. If I try to click CaptureLogs, nothing happens. I tried running it in compatibility mode with all versions of Windows, as an administrator, and even with the most recent version of Davinci Resolve 14 installed.   What do I do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @fabiansky

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Checking the downloads available for DaVinci Resolve*, its website shows that there are many newer versions. The latest seems to be version 17 (and BETA is version 18). By any chance have you tested with a newer version? Is the behavior the same?

2- When this behavior happens, do you see any message or error on the screen?

3- Considering you are not even able to launch the software for a few seconds, have you reviewed this with Davinci Resolve's support team (Blackmagic Design) for suggestions, debugging, and assistance?

4- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello fabiansky

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello fabiansky

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos