Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Problems with Driver Version: 15.40.28.64.4501

aandr28
New Contributor I

Hi guys, i have laptop powered with intel I7 6700HQ Intel HD 530 Graphics, manufacturer HP. Currently im using Driver Version: 15.40.26.64.4474 drivers those work good with no problems and hundred times better then HP modified drivers.

Today by update tool i was offered to update drivers to Driver Version: 15.40.28.64.4501. After update graphics control panel gone no able to use it, settings messed up in windows display settings. tried to reinstall several times, tried to delete old drivers with software

and to do clean driver install , all the time getting the same problems. Going back to Driver Version: 15.40.26.64.4474 pc works fine as should. Machine runs win 10 pro 1067.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
aandr28
New Contributor I

i want to update my thread, today i have downloaded and installed the newest beta drivers version 15.40.4539Beta and they work perfect as i can see form the first view all problems i had with 5401 version are eliminated, but faced other problem drivers are not digitally signed with Microsoft. Guys it would be much appreciated if you could fix it. Thanks. As i don't want each restart of my PC switch off forced Microsoft digital sign up of drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
34 Replies
aandr28
New Contributor I

any news on driver problem?

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

It's an unofficial driver, but worth a try:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/31656-2120164506-1545xx-7th-and-6th-generation-kabylake-broxton-apollo-lake-and-skylake-windows-10-windows-81-windows-8-windows-7/ 21.20.16.4506 (15.45.xx) - 7th and 6th generation (Kabylake, Broxton (Apollo Lake) and Skylake), Windows 10 / Windows 8.…

0 Kudos
Hellen_D_Intel
Employee

Hi Lucanas,

The information is still under review. I'll be posting as soon as I get any answer.

Regards,

Hellen.

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

lucanas Here a link to v4509 => http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2455&lang=en Intel HD & Iris Graphics Drivers Version 15.40.29.64.4509 WHQL

Maybe it helps.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

any news ? as a few weeks gone with the last reply, we are still waiting for fix.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Thanks for the try to help mate but with these drivers the same problem we are suffering from 4501 package

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

so at the end of all my research, thanks to one of replies with the link to other drivers i got installed version 21.20.16.4526 and it seems to work fine and they are much newer i had before. At the moment seems to be no problems but going to do some tests.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

ok got to go back to older drivers again as drivers taken form windows update didn't work very well 21.20.16.4526 with them i got some strange heat issues, cpu heated more while gaming and no performance increase over older version. So still waiting reply then 501 version is going to be fixed or new drivers released.

0 Kudos
Loeschzwerg
New Contributor I

Have you tried the latest Beta v4530?

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

yes I did exactly the same problem, and its 100% problem within the driver as if I use driver designed for intel iris as 21.20.16.4526 (cab from Microsoft wu) it installs and works nearly perfect giving minor problems but this proves that the problem is with drivers and only Intel HD graphics is effected, intel Iris works fine.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

i tied it again, disconnected second screen, restarted pc, then installed from configuration file v4350 as new device, and got some interesting problems I will upload two pictures those show problem is with driver signature within Microsoft and even drivers are installed the Microsoft basic graphics divers are working only. I have tried all possible driver install ways, every time the same. I have switched off driver digital signup at start up to eliminate problem in the pictures I have uploaded then I got problems mentioned why this thread was created. I think v4501 was modified to version v4530 with no fix to our real problems it was just modified to get better experience to play specific game.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

i want to update my thread, today i have downloaded and installed the newest beta drivers version 15.40.4539Beta and they work perfect as i can see form the first view all problems i had with 5401 version are eliminated, but faced other problem drivers are not digitally signed with Microsoft. Guys it would be much appreciated if you could fix it. Thanks. As i don't want each restart of my PC switch off forced Microsoft digital sign up of drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for sharing this information. I am glad to hear driver version 4539 fixes this issue.

To answer your question, please bear in mind that you are loading a beta driver that has not been validated and certified yet.

Please see the attachment for more information.

Allan.
0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

I understand that to certify and sign digitally with Microsoft cost big money and I understand beta meaning, as these beta drivers works perfect and they work perfect fro the moment I have installed and has improvement in 3D graphics as gaming an so on , I hope driver developers will be able quicker to release stable certified driver.

0 Kudos