Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Problems with Intel Graphics 750

ifreire
Novice

Dear community I hope someone can help me.

I have moved from a AMD Ryzen system to a Intel Core i7 11700k system.

I am experiencing display glitches in Windows 10, both in desktop apps and in the internet browser. Most glitches are somehow subtle like small lines in web pages, boxes incorrectly drew, dashes, etc.

But one specific problem is annoying. QR Codes are being draw incorrectly making them unreadable in smartphones.

Disabling HW acceleration in MS Edge solved the problem in the browser but there is no such option in my current version of Windows 10 so there is no workaround for the problem in desktop apps.

I have tried many different graphic drivers and tried all the settings in Intel Command Center with no success.

Best Regards

Israel Freire

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @ifreire

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this behavior, we would like to inform you that we are investigating this and we recommend customers make sure they test using the latest customized drivers provided by the computer manufacturer (OEM) and/or the latest Intel® generic graphics driver Version: 27.20.100.9466. Note: if you have troubles updating to the latest driver, you may try Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10.

Also, please check with your OEM to make sure the system is running the latest BIOS. We have seen some scenarios where a BIOS update has fixed the issue.

Also, we recommend joining this community thread where we are posting more details. You may share your feedback there and review additional information from other peers: The community topic is "Iris Xe and AWS Workspaces".

Please feel free to run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and share the report to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ReX_TeCH
New Contributor I

Hi @ifreire 

Hope you are doing well, thanks for posting your query.

You can try the following steps :

1.  go into your browser/settings/advance and disable hardware acceleration you will at least be able to scan them in the browsers once its restarted 

2. This works for me to fix the QRcode of the Whatsapp Desktop App on Windows 10

> Right Click Whatsapp Icon
> Select Properties...
> Select Tab "compatibility mode"
> Select 'Windows 7' for compatibility mode
> Start Whatsapp again

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

ReX_TeCH
(Independent Advisor)

0 Kudos
ifreire
Novice

Hi @ReX_TeCH.

Thank you. The compatibility mode made the trick with desktop apps.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @ifreire

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this behavior, we would like to inform you that we are investigating this and we recommend customers make sure they test using the latest customized drivers provided by the computer manufacturer (OEM) and/or the latest Intel® generic graphics driver Version: 27.20.100.9466. Note: if you have troubles updating to the latest driver, you may try Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10.

Also, please check with your OEM to make sure the system is running the latest BIOS. We have seen some scenarios where a BIOS update has fixed the issue.

Also, we recommend joining this community thread where we are posting more details. You may share your feedback there and review additional information from other peers: The community topic is "Iris Xe and AWS Workspaces".

Please feel free to run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and share the report to gather more details about the system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ifreire

Thank you for your feedback.

Our development team has confirmed this issue is no longer visible in our latest internal driver build. This driver is expected to release to Intel® Download Center around June 11, 2021. Note: this is a target date, it may shift for a few days depending on additional test results.

Having said that, and since you have marked the thread as "Answered/Solved", we will proceed to close it now.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello,

We just released a new Beta driver version 27.20.100.9616 that you're welcome to try. I'm not 100% sure the code change that is confirmed to fix this issue is included in this Beta, but it is possible it slip into this one as well, so give it a shot and let us know your feedback.

I would like to confirm the Production driver that is confirmed to have the fix for this issue is still targeting mid-June 2021 release.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos