Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problems with Intel Iris xe - wrong resolution when using two screens

x3Ray
Beginner

Fujitsu Lifebook E5511 with an Intel i5-1145G7 and Iris xe graphics. Two screens shall be attached using a Fujitsu docking station (two display ports).

When one screen is attached there is no problem, resolution is 1920x1080, everything is fine. Working with any of the display ports.

When using a docking station with two identical screens, resolution is 1920x1080 for one and 1200x900 pixels for the other. Any single screen can be used with the correct resolution 1920x1080, but when the second  one is attached, the higher resolution is not selectable. Doesn't matter which port one uses.

Any idea how to get that problem solved?

It seems that this problem is limited to 22" and 24" screens, but maybe just coincidence because 27" screens are newer.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Specifically, what Fujitsu docking station are you testing with?

0 Kudos
x3Ray
Beginner

Mechanical docking station from 2022, which came with the Lifebook.

Model: NPR46

Product no.: FPCPR363

Part no.: CP734175

order no. S26391-F1607-L119

0 Kudos
x3Ray
Beginner

Additional information: It doesn't matter if using 2 display ports oder 1 display port and one dvi - one screen is always at lower resolution.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello x3Ray,

If I may jump into the conversation, I will thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • Check both display cables to ensure the cable is good and that it isn't the source of the display problem.
  • Use a direct connection with a single cable that has the same connection type on both ends (HDMI to HDMI, DP to DP, etc.).
  • Update the graphics driver to the latest version. There are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM). Based on the website, the latest Display driver is 30.0.100.9864.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
x3Ray
Beginner

Sorry, didn't have time to check all suggestions yet...

- cable is working fine, it works when using just one screen, it works on other screens and both cables work with two 27" screens on the same configuration

- not sure, but the issue could have started with a new notebook generation Fujitsu Lifebook E5511 - tried with a E5510 and everything is working fine

So the problem seems to be coming from 11th generation Intel processor i5-1145G7 with Iris xe graphics.

0 Kudos
x3Ray
Beginner

Most recent version of the graphics driver 30.0.101.1692 (19.05.2022)

https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDownload.asp?Softwareguid=79F620CD-590C-451A-8CA0-737426C5634C

has no effect on the problem, still lower resolution with max. 1600x900

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello x3Ray,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello x3Ray,

Thanks for your response. 

You mentioned that you use a docking station, keep in mind that Intel does not recommend using any kind of adapters, we recommend using a direct connection with a single cable that has the same connection type on both ends (HDMI to HDMI, DP to DP, etc.).

Did you use your old system (E5510) with the same docking station?

Since the OEM driver is failing we want to recommend you test our generic driver 31.0.101.3729, performing a clean installation. Installing this Intel generic graphics driver will overwrite any customized driver from your Computer Manufacturer (OEM). Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello x3Ray,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello x3Ray,

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos