Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problems with Wireless screen device

alberto11
Beginner

Hi everyone

Since the last update of my Intel UHD 620 Graphics device 27.20.100.9168 the wireless screen connection does not work anymore. I was tried with LG Smart TV Device and Samsung Galaxy S7+ (Android 11) tablet device. Last weeks ago I was able to connect to my LG Smart TV device, but since the last driver update does not work anymore, can you try to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello alberto11, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.  

2. Do you remember which driver version was working before? If yes, for testing porpuses, you may want to try a driver rollback: 

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620  

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel Programs and Features

4. Restart the computer. 

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 
  2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
  3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
  4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 

8. Restart the computer. 

9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello alberto11,  

Thank you for your response, we received the information through e-mail and checked it.  

I am wondering if you were able to do a driver rollback? Can you try doing it and telling us what is the driver version that works with this feature? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008628/graphics.html  

1. Open Device Manager, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager 
  2. Expand Display Adapters 
  3. Double-click on your Intel® display device 
  4. Select the Driver tab 
  5. Click Roll Back Driver to restore 

If you remember the driver version, try installing that version back with a clean installation of the drivers: 

1. Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126789/Intel-UHD-Graphics-620   

2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.  

3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel Programs and Features.  

4. Restart the computer.  

5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.  

6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:  

1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'  
  2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.  
  3. Click on 'Uninstall'.  
  4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter')  

7. Install the DCH driver that was downloaded in step 1.  

8. Restart the computer.  

9. Reconnect to the Internet.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
alberto11
Beginner

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for your support in advance.

I don't remember at all which was the last version that worked well. I always keep my laptop with the latest drivers posted. I can try to rollback, but I don't think it's the best solution in any case. You have not reported what could be and that you can solve it? Meanwhile I will try when I can test rolling back the driver.

Regards,

Alberto Tirado

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello alberto11,   

I would like to let you know that the wireless display feature is handled by the Operating System (OS) and the laptop manufacturer (OEM) design, our recommendation for this cases is to always check with the OEM and Microsoft* directly. Intel graphics card and drivers do not handle wireless display technology.  

We are advising you to try a driver rollback just for testing purposes.  

Please let us know about the outcome. 

Regards,   

Sebastian M   

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello alberto11,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello alberto11,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. I would like to add that we previously tried reproducing this behavior as you can see on this other post https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/screen-mirroring-wireless-display/m-p/1252333#M94009  

We tested driver 27.20.100.9168 on a ThinkPad T580 laptop connecting to a Samsung Q67 TV via Miracast and it worked fine. Lab video here: https://youtu.be/j-_eI7SsxGY. We also tested with Intel Xe Graphics, Dell laptop, no issues.  

This is most likely a compatibility issue introduced with the new driver but this can be due to the driver not being tested nor validated yet for your laptop. You should wait for the driver to be formally released by the OEM. 

If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos