Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Rainbow static flickering

JDing9
Beginner

Hi, updated my i7-6300U HD 520 to version 22.20.16.4771, and now I'm getting the rainbow static described in , but it's my understanding that it should've been solved? It's definitely not solved on my laptop

0 Kudos
17 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DtheSecond

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are having a display problem. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

You are correct this problem has been resolved but in a more recent driver version. To apply this fix on your laptop you will need to update your graphics driver to the latest version.

If you need assistance to update the driver please let me know what version of Windows you are using.

Regards,

Leonardo

0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

Hi Leonardo, I am running Windows 10. I tried updating the driver from the device manager interface, but no dice. Is there another way to update that I'm not aware of?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello

Thank you for your response, and the information provided, I apologize for the inconvenience,

I recommend you to try to do the installation again with the device manager, but this time following these steps:

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27355/a08/win64_15.60.01.4877.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27355/a08/win64_15.60.01.4877.zip

2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

5. Expand the Display adapters section.

6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9. Click "Have Disk".

10. Click "Browse".

11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.

14. Reboot your computer.

And let me know if you have any issues with the installation.

Regards,

Leonardo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DtheSecond

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C

0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

Oh I apologize, I've been busy trying to find a co-op. The solution worked perfectly, thank you so much

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DtheSecond

Thank you for your response

I am glad to know we have found a solution for your problem, I will like to share with you that I will close the case, before I do so, let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Leonardo C

0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

intel_corp hi, the rainbow static is back again after installing the fall creators update, any chance there's another driver update?

0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

intel_corp sorry scratch that, I did some more updates that didn't get through the first time, and it seems to be working fine now

0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

intel_corp sorry about this, but it seems like it's back again. as before, I can't find a newer version of my driver through device manager, is there any chance you guys can advise?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DtheSecond,

Thank you for your response,

I can see that you are still having the issue with the rainbow flickering, I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

I would like you to try to download and install the latest version of the driver. Here is the link so you can download it and then manually install it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=88355

Follow the next steps in order to manually update it:

1 - Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

2 - Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

3 - Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

4 - Expand the Display adapters section.

5 - Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

6 - Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

7 - Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

8 - Click "Have Disk".

9 - Click "Browse".

10 - Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

11 - Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

12 - Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

13 - Reboot your computer

Once this is installed, please reboot the computer and let us know the outcome.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

Hi David,

I've tried both download links and neither of them seem to work for me, is there another download link somewhere?

-Jonathan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DtheSecond,

I was checking the integrity of both of the download buttons (".zip" and ".exe") and both of them are working fine. What is the error message you are getting? I was checking but we do not have any other download link except for those.

Please let me know what the error and the problem is.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

Hi David

I was getting an HTML error, a 404 not found. At the moment, I am at work and the download links seem to be working here, i'll see if I can't email myself the .exe. I'll give an update when I get home

0 Kudos
JDing9
Beginner

I apologize for the delay, I was making sure everything works. The download worked and the static seems to have cleared up.

Since my device manager and my windows update seem to be incapable of telling whether or not I have the latest intel graphics driver, could you guys let me know where to find the list of updates from where i can download the newest drivers, in case this happens again?

Again, thank you guys so much!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DtheSecond,

In this case, if you would like to find updated drivers for your unit you can look in here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

You can type in the model of the unit, for example the processor's model or the Integrated Graphics model (HD 520) and you will be able to find the different drivers available.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
NScol
Beginner

Hi David

I have this exact same rainbow static flickering problem as described by DthSecond.

I have an Inspiron 5559 with Intel 520 Graphics and i5-6200 2.3GHz.

This just started happening to me yesterday when I finally got around to updating the driver after downloading from Dell's site. I've tried multiple times and always the same, Rainbow flicker starts after coming out of standby.

Device Mgr shows

Driver Ver: 22.20.16.4771

Driver Date: 08/13/17

Do you recommend I try your solution to reinstall from your link?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Pat15,

If you would like there should not be any problem in trying that solution, nevertheless, please submit a new thread since we handle every case individually and every scenario is different even if the same product is being used. The next agent will be able to further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos