Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Random hdmi audio loss

VPiza
Beginner

Hello.

I have an Intel 9900K processor on a Asus Strix Gaming- F motherboard. I have the motherboard hdmi output connected to one of the inputs of a Yamaha RX-V477 amplifier. The amplifier output goes to the hdmi input of my monitor ( Asus PQ348Q ).

In Windows 10, i have 2 screens, my actual monitor, and another one called ROGPG348Q ( Intel sound for screens ) I'm translating here, as i have Windows in Spanish, but must be close to that.

My problem is that after some minutes playing games, the hdmi audio stops working, so all of a sudden i get no sound at all.

I think it must be some kind of software issue, because when i reboot it works again. If i uninstall the driver and install it again without rebooting, it works again, and frankly i have no clue about the possible cause.

I'm currently using the latest Intel Drivers for this CPU and all drivers are updated.

Could you help me with this? Is quite annoying having to switch audio outputs in the middle of a game

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

make sure hdmi is not loose connection . And you need compatible hdmi cable version like hdmi 1.4 or hdmi 2.0 or hdmi2.0a

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VPiza, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
VPiza
Beginner

Hello

When i upgraded my PC, i didn't reinstall Windows 10. I changed the motherboard and once Windows finished detecting devices everything worked as it should, but this: my hdmi sound issue.

A few days ago i installed Windows 10 from scratch on another drive and that solved the problem. I've been playing some games for a week and looks like the problem is gone now.

Thanks for asking.

0 Kudos