Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21072 Discussions

Random partial rendering with Microsoft Photo Gallery

CLe_R
Beginner

Hello,

Photo display with Microsoft Photo Gallery is randomly corrupted : when switching photo, part of the previous one can stay on screen, mostly on upper section. It looks like the next photo is not finished rendering before it is sent to display.

The problem appeared with 15.40.12.4326 beta, based on the versions I was able to find:

15.40.04.4256OK15.40.07.4279OK15.40.10.4300OK15.40.12.4326BKO15.40.14.4352KO15.40.18.4380BKO

Rolling back to 4300 solves the problem.

Specs :

Intel i5-6600K (Intel HD Graphics 530)

ASUS Z170-A

DVI display

Windows 10 Pro 64

The problem is present with regular operating frequencies (CPU stock and RAM@2133MHz).

Changing the amount of RAM dedicated to video unit changes nothing (tried 32M to 512M).

It has been previously pointed out by posts in this forum, but with different hardware:

You will find a screenshot of the problem and Intel System Support Utility XML report attached.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Picture mix when switching

Does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?

If you can offer a % rate please do.

Random (10-20% ?)

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel i5-6600K

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-right-width: 1pt; border-bottom-width: 1pt; border-style: none solid solid none; border-right-color: windowtext; border-bottom-color: windowt...
0 Kudos
14 Replies
CLe_R
Beginner

Bump?

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hello Nestorfish,

Thank you for joining the Intel communities.

Please bear in mind that this driver is being provided as a beta test driver, and while it has had limited validation testing by Intel, it is essentially a test driver and is not to be considered a permanent replacement for a fully validated and certified graphics driver.

We really appreciate your feedback on this and I recommend staying with the 4300 driver version which is the one that is working fine for you.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
CLe_R
Beginner

Hello,

Please note that, although this problem occurs with the lastest beta, it is actually present in mainstream code (10.40.14.4352 for example), and appeared between 14.40.10.4300 (non-inclusive) and 15.40.12.4326 (inclusive).

Don't hesitate to ask me for test of another versions, telling me where to download these ones.

I had to block Windows from upgrading the driver with a downloadable utility from Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930), or the problem would occur after Windows Update.

Regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for the information that you have kindly provided to us.

I have reproduced the issue, we really appreciate the time you have taken to let us know about this issue, we will further investigate on this.

Thank you,

Ivan

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Did you try the latest version Beta 15.40.20.4404?

You can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-?product=88345 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8.1/10 [15.40]

Please let me know if you still get the problem with this version.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos
CLe_R
Beginner

Hi,

No problem noticed with a quick test of 4404 beta.

I will confirm in a week or two, to be sure.

Thanks !

Regards

0 Kudos
DHoga2
Valued Contributor II

I am running release driver 4424 (is 4404 newer than that?) at 2560x1440 resolution and have same random partial rendering with Photo Gallery. Problem also occurs at other resolution such as 1920x1200. It is easy to reproduce when Photo Gallery is full screen size, though my earlier post (to Beta driver thread months ago) said that problem doesn't seem to appear at less than full screen size. Actually, the problem does reproduce if window is sized near full screen (such as 90% of the vertical space) - the workaround is that the window has to be smaller than that, such as around 50% of the vertical space.

0 Kudos
IUman
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for information, we are still investigating on this issue, hopefully a new driver will fix this problem.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
CLe_R
Beginner

I did not reproduce the problem with 4404 beta.

The driver used by dougho must be dedicated to NUCs (4424); Ivan, maybe can you confirm that changes from 4404 beta did not get merged into this one?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In this case what I have to share with you is the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25948/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_15%2040%204424.pdf release notes, there you can see the key issues fixed and the issues that still need to be fixed.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos
CLe_R
Beginner

No mention of this issue in either 4404 or 4424 changelogs.

Strangely, 4424 has a more recent release date than 4404, but is tagged with "Previoulsy released" while the latter is "Latest".

I will ask for test of 4424, to be sure the problem appears as dougho writes.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm sorry; please ignore the tag "A newer version of this software is available. Click here to get the latest version of this software" this needs to be fixed, hopefully it will be soon.

The 4424 is the latest version.

I was able to replicate the issue with the driver especially when the Photo Gallery is full screen size as dougho mentioned above. I did not notice the issue when I see the pictures with normal size.

Do you get it when you run it under normal size or at any moment?

Thanks,

Ivan

0 Kudos
CLe_R
Beginner

Hi,

We did reproduce the default with 4424 and 4404, although we did not notice it after the first installation of the latter.

It happens in fullscreen, and was not observed in windowed mode.

In case it matters, I did reproduce the default remotely connected with RDP, having the RDP client set to the same resolution as host.

Christophe

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Nestorfish for the information you have kindly provided, we are still investigating on this issue.

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos