Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Recently, Intel Graphics 4000 not working on computer, tried reinstalling, returns with error code 31 on device manager, have tried reinstalling drivers as suggested before to no avail. Was working ~2 weeks ago

ATrue1
Beginner

Wouldn't let me attach SSU data, but can provide if needed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yes, please attach SSU report. As well, answer this question: Do you have any monitors plugged into the motherboard? Or are they all plugged into a graphics card?

By default, when you have an add-in (NVIDIA/AMD, for example) Graphics card installed, the BIOS will disable the on-chip Intel HD Graphics engine. Only by changing the default setting for this parameter will this not happen. If the engine is disabled, attempts to install the driver is going to fail, just like this.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
ATrue1
Beginner

When it was working a couple weeks ago, i had one monitor plugged in to the motherboard, and another plugged in to the graphics card. The problem persists even when I don't have my graphics card installed.

0 Kudos
ATrue1
Beginner

Here's the SSU

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, all I can see is that there is no Intel HD Graphics engine being exposed to Windows. This tells me that there is something going on at the hardware or BIOS level.

With the add-in graphics card removed, can you see the BIOS POST splash screen displayed on the motherboard-connected monitor? Can you get into BIOS Setup?

With the add-in graphics card installed, can you (still) see POST screen output on the motherboard-connected monitor? Can you get into BIOS Setup using the motherboard-connected monitor?

Regardless of how you get into BIOS Setup, what are the settings for the graphics-related parameters? If you load defaults, are the setting of these parameters different?

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ATrue1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. We hope that the assistance provided by the community has been helpful.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html 

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the following links:

Best Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos