Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20954 Discussions

Redefine/calibrate display borders to avoid dead pixels in Intel graphics control panel

gwier
Beginner

Hi! The rightmost 10% of my Laptop's display is broken; dead pixels top to bottom. Therefore, I want to reduce my resolution from 1600x900 to 1440x900 and display this on the leftmost (working) 90% of my screen. Reducing the resolution is easy, but the resulting image is automatically centered on my display (the left- and rightmost 5% of my screen are black bars). I need to somehow slide this

image to the right so that all unused pixels with the reduced resolution are on the right (coinciding with the broken section of my screen). I'm looking for an option to do so in the Intel graphics control panel. I know Nvidia and Radeon's control panels have such a feature, but I cannot find it in the Intel graphics control panel. Thanks in advance!

Specs: native res: 1600x900 Asus laptop K73SJ-TY031V Windows 7 SP2 Intel core i5 2430M 2.4ghz intel integrated graphics+geforce gt520m 1gb

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello alvarowier,

From the Intel® Graphics Control Panel the option available is to change the resolution and to set scaling according to that resolution, there is no option such as manually adjusting the resolution in order to make it fit with the issue of your screen only the preset options.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
gbhj
New Contributor I

using a custom DTD will allow you to set a custom resolution and the start pixel allowing the image to start being drawn at the first working column of pixels on the screen

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello zeqzy,

Thank for sharing this information.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos