I had this problem where when I plugged-out or in my Charging cable, my refresh rate always reset to 40hz, I always had to open the intel panel and put it back on to 60hz again 😞
If do you know how to fix it please respond to my messages, and if you do you're an angel.
To be able to further assist you, I request some additional details, such as:
- Display driver version
- GPU (or CPU if using integrated graphics)
- System in use
In the meantime, you can try reinstalling the display driver, which is done as follows:
- Open Device Manager (can be searched for in the Start Menu)
- Navigate to Display Adapters
- Locate the relevant adapter, and double-click it
- Navigate to the driver subheading
- Select to uninstall the device, accepting any prompts
- Reboot your machine
- If necessary, on reboot, enter Device Manager and click "Scan for hardware changes"
Hope this helps, I await your reply