Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Rendering device has been lost: Application closing. Overwatch game

User1587747577096591

Hello I bought have a pre-build computer and it came with a custom manufactured graphics card so I cannot update it from Intel's website. I crash periodically whenever I am on Overwatch and it makes the game unplayable. This issue does not apply to other games. My question is how do I resolve my issue given that a customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on my computer so Intel DSA cannot update it.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would contact the people who made the custome manufactured graphics card.

Doc

User1587747577096591

I contacted them and they didn't provide much help and instead just said that it would need to be replaced. I don't think anything is wrong with the graphics card itself since it functions normally on other games and applications. There are a good number of other graphics cards that have the same problems with this particular game. I was just hoping there was a troubleshoot method because I have already tried to the sfc /scannow and uninstalling and reinstalling the application and to no avail.

Sorry for the late reply

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

User15877475770965910447, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the issue still persists with the Overwatch game and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
User1587747577096591

Hello Albert,

The problem is still persisting and I tried to rollback my driver but it said there were no previous versions so that was a no go. Thank you for responding and let me know if theres any more info I can provide for you.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

User15877475770965910447, Thank you very much for that information, we will be more than glad to further assist you with this matter.

In order to try to fix the problem, what we can try is a clean installation of the Intel® Graphics driver, please follow the instructions to be able to do that in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

Once you see the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" in "Device Manager", please install Intel® GRaphics driver version 27.20.100.8187, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29554/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126790

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

User1587747577096591

Hello Albert,

Thank you for your advice. I followed your instructions and successfully installed the graphics driver. However the version I installed was 27.20.100.8190 which was recommended by the Intel DSA but I would assume they are similar. After about 2 days of testing, the crashing in game and rendering device error still appear however it is less frequent than previously.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi User15877475770965910447, Thank you very much for providing those results.

There is a new Intel® Graphics driver that will be released any time soon, I will let you know when it becomes available to install it in your system.

In the meantime, could you please provide a video of when the game crashes, you can use the screen capture application or your cell phone.

To attach the video, please select the "clip" on the lower-left corner when you are going to respond.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
User1587747577096591

Hello Albert,

Thank you for your advice. I retract my statement from earlier as I now experience a frequent number of crashes. The first day of me installing the update seemed to be better however. I have recorded a clip:

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello User15877475770965910447, Thank you very much for providing that information and the video.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking your time reporting this issue.

Intel is investigating this situation under bug ID 16010834705. At this point I cannot commit to any particular time-frame or outcome, but rest assured that as soon as we have an update from our driver dev team we'll post it here.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

RonaldM_Intel

Hi again everyone,

I have great news. Our driver development team has tested this issue with our latest internal driver build and confirm it is fixed.

Please give us a bit more time so this internal build is included in a future driver. Although I cannot provide an estimated release date it should be soon.

Keep visiting downloadcenter.intel.com for the latest generic drivers from Intel, and check out the next driver's Release Notes (the fix should be noted there when available).

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos