Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Request to verify a Bug

GerhardErtl
Beginner

Dear Community,

I think I have found a Bug in Direct3d Shader Compiler for Intel 620,630 and 520 GPUs.  I also developed a small Test program to reproduce this bug. I already tried to report this Bug but I could not get Intel to look at it in Detail. They seem to think that there is an Error in my program, but I am quite sure that there is no Error since the program is very simple.

The test Program and detailed documentation of the Bug can be found in my Github project:

https://github.com/GerhardErtl/Intel630Bug

My Request is that someone with higher credibility than me clones this github repo, verifies that there is indeed a Bug and tries to get Intel to review it. This would be very helpful, since I can think of no other way to get Intel to work at this.

Many thanks in advance. If you can help me, I will pay you a beer.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello GerhardErtl

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To report a bug please provide the information and files as shown here:

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
GerhardErtl
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

See Github Repo

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Any Hardware with Intel UHD Graphic

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).
LFP 
= Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

N/A

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.
ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

N/A

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

N/A

Software (SW)

SW or Apps version used to replicate the issue.

See Github Repo

Configurations

Single display, clone, or extended (see note2 below).

N/A

Display resolution & refresh rate setting of each display (see note2 below).

N/A

AC or DC mode, i.e. is power cable plugged in or not?

N/A

How to repro

Please provide steps to replicate the issue. These steps are very crucial to finding the root cause and fix.
A screenshot to illustrate the issue is a huge plus. A video of the failure is even better! Attach to the post or provide the YouTube link.

See Github Repo

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update GerhardErtl. The Github page does not list the step-by-step guide to reproduce this error, we need that information to reproduce this issue in our labs. Let us know once you have the information to continue.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
GerhardErtl
Beginner

The Github Repository contains a description in the ReadMe. Here is  a copy:

1) Clone this repository

2) Open Intel630Bug.sln with Visual Studio 2019 or newer.

3) Compile in x64 Release Mode.

4) Run the program

Result:

If you are running on an Intel 620 or 630 GPU you see a flickering image when you move the mouse. If you are using a different GPU you see a yellow image.

The Yellow Image is correct. The flickering Image is wrong

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you, we will investigate and the updates will be posted on the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@GerhardErtl thanks to the information provided, we have assigned this bug to our development team under Bug ID 14016395075. This will go through debugging/development phases and given the current workload and priorities, it may take from 3-6 months, but as soon as we have any update on Bug ID 14016395075 we will reach out via email.

Let us know if we can close this case to avoid duplication of efforts since it has served its purpose (i.e. getting the bug to our driver team). If you need to communicate with us at any point in the future, please open a new thread and reference case# 05396986.

If you have any questions let us know.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos
GerhardErtl
Beginner

You have not heard from me since you did not ask me anything. You just informed me what you are doing without requesting an answer. So I did not answer. Before you close this thread I would like to know how and if Intel is planning to Inform me of the Progress with Bug.

0 Kudos