Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21331 Discussions

Resizable BAR

Arun_D
Beginner

Hello,

I Bought MSI 12HW-004IN, and it's been six months

it has a Intel UHD Graphics and Intel Arc A370M recently i noticed that in the intel Arc Control it is saying Resizable BAR not supported for my Arc GPU, the laptop display is connected to the UHD Graphics, I think when i tried to enable the resizable bar with the instructions provided my intel

they hade a thing to disable the SVM  in BIOS and enable it again but there is no SVM settings Available in my laptop BIOS settings 

is this intel gpu problem or the manufacturer bios problem?

does arc a370m really support resizable bar? 

i hope someone answers to my questions 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Arun_D,

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities and reporting your issue with the Arc Control stating that g Resizable BAR IS not supported.

People have reported a similar issue where Resizable BAR appears as not supported in the Intel Arc Control, even when Resizable BAR was enabled. We recommend you check if ReBAR is enabled in your system; you can confirm by checking with a 3rd party application such as GPU-Z. Please note that the Resizable bar is a motherboard feature that can be enabled under BIOS settings. Consult with your motherboard manufacturer to determine whether your motherboard supports resizable BAR.

Intel® Arc™ Graphics does support Resizable BAR, and they can still work on a system without Resizable BAR enabled. However, Resizable BAR must be enabled for optimal performance when using Intel® Arc™ A-Series Graphics.

We also noticed that the Arc Control version you have installed is version 1.73.5334.1. We recommend you update the Arc Control software by installing the latest Intel Arc Driver 31.0.101.4887. This driver package includes the Arc Control v1.73.5335.2.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Arun_D
Beginner

Hello Jean_Intel,

Thank you for responding,

As per your guidance I tried GPU-Z and, I linked the result's below

can you tell that my Laptop support resizable or not with this result's 

and i've also contacted the manufacturer they are yet to respond I will update here once they responded.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Arun_D,

We understand that you have questions about whether or not your Laptop supports Resizable BAR. Unfortunately, Resizable BAR is a BIOS feature, and only your laptop manufacturer will be able to inform you if Resizable BAR is supported by your system. You should consult with MSI for further information about this matter.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Arun_D
Beginner

Thank you for responding 

I've contacted MSI regarding this issue they are not helping much,

all this issue was not before recently I've got an BIOS update I think they disabled the ResizableBAR support in the BIOS itself 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Arun_D,

We understand that you still have questions about this matter. Since this started after a BIOS update, we would like to let you know that, sometimes, the BIOS settings may change after an update. You should consult MSI for the proper steps to enable Resizable BAR in your BIOS or confirm if the Resizable BAR support has been removed.

Since you have an open case with MSI, we would like to invite you to continue the support case with them to avoid duplication of efforts. If they determine that the issue is related to the Graphics Driver, we will continue to assist you. 

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Arun_D,

Since we have not received a response, we will proceed to close this thread. If the MSI determines that the issue is related to the graphics driver or Intel software, post a new thread, and we will be more than happy to help you. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Arun_D,

We would like to check if you have had any response from MSI. Please consult with them because looking at the screenshot you posted from GPU-Z confirms Resizable BAR is disabled in your system - which backs-up the previous result from Intel Arc Control - so we're hoping MSI can guide you through the BIOS to get this re-enabled.

Since the best course of action is to consult this with MSI, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos