Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

SGX

VRuss
Novice

I am having a problem with SGX mainboard not letting me watch UHD HD content on my 4K monitor. Everything in my computer is HDCP ready. In order for me to watch UHD HD content I have to connect the monitor to my mainboard with the HDMI 2.0 cable in order to utilize the UHD 630 Graphics driver. According to the Cyberlink UHD HD Advisor the only thing left is the SGK Mainbord/CPU shows up RED. I downloaded and installed the Intel SGX SDK for windows Ver. 2.0.101.44299 and latest version of Intel Management Engine Driver ver. 11.8.50.3477 They both show up in device manager. In my BIOS I have SGX Enabled with 128mb of Memory allocated to start-up. I have 16gb of system memory with an ASROCK Z370 mainboard and an Intel i3-8350k cpu. I was going over the details of the Management engine driver and my chipset and cpu are not on the support list. From what I could find on the intel web site about the Management Engine is that it only supports up to Kaby lake processors. I have a Coffee Lake processor. Both my cpu and mainboard are series 300.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Timewarpone

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems with your system resolution, allow me to help with your inquiries.

I would like to verify with you the behavior that you are having, on your system configuration once the HDMI® cable is connected to the HDMI® port on the motherboard you are able to get the 4K resolution but once the same HDMI® cable is connected to the discrete graphics you are not able to get the 4K resolution. Am I correct?

If it is possible please provide me with the Intel® graphics report following these steps:

1. Right click on the Desktop, and click on Graphics Properties.
  2. Click Options and Support, and then click Information Center.
  3. Click on Save (save it in your desktop).
  4. Open the report.
  5. Copy all the information (Ctrl+C) and paste it here (Ctrl+V) so I can take a look.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

Hello, I do not get 4K resolution (UHD HD) content through either the HDMI connected to the motherboard or with the display port connected to the GTX 1050 Ti graphics card. According to Cyberlink UHD HD Advisor everything checks out for HDCP except the mainboard SGX.

idata
Employee

Hello Timewarpone

Thank you for your response.
  • Could you provide me with display and cable model?
  • Are there any examples of videos that you have tested (links) that we can have access to test on our side?
  • What is the resolution and refresh rate on the system on each connection (integrated and discrete card)?
  • If it is possible could you provide us with a video showing the issue?
Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

The monitor is an LG24UD58 display. It has 2 x HDMI and 1 x Display Port Outputs. I use the HDMI connected to my mainboard to watch UHD HD 4K movies which do not play. I currently use the disply port cable connected to my GTX1050 Ti graphics card. The resolution is 3840 x 2160 @60 Hz. This is the native resulution and it is always set to this. I have no 4K content I can share with you unless I mail you a 4K disc. This is the only 4K content I own. I do not stream 4K content. According to the Cyberlink UHD HD advisor everything checks out fine for HDCP except for the Mainboard/CPU. Maybe I will try this. I am thinking about re-installing windows 10 64bit and format the boot drive this way I will start with a fresh install. Then the very first thing I will do is install the Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver then the latest Nvidia graphics driver then the Intel Management Engine Driver or the Intel SGX SDK driver and I will enable SGX in BIOS and allocate 128mb of ram. Do suggest a different order?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Timewarpone

I would appreciate the clean installation of the operating system (OS); I would also recommend removing the NVIDIA® graphics card, and then complete the installation of the OS and the necessary drivers on the system of possible the latest Intel® graphics driver for your system (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27894/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27894/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126790) and test the 4K video, once this is complete please provide me with the output.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Timewarpone

I was checking your case and would like to know if you were able to complete the clean installation of the operating system.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

Sorry, I have not had a chance yet. I have not forgotten. By the way, do you suggest which order I should install the drivers after I format the boot drive? I will remove the graphics card as you suggested. Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Timewarpone

I would recommend installing the Intel® management engine driver, then the Intel® SGX driver and then graphics driver (refer to the motherboard drivers to install them); you could also test the generic Intel graphics driver version for your Intel® UHD Graphics 630 graphics controller (https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27894/a08/win64_24.20.100.6229.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27894/a08/win64_24.20.100.6229.zip), to install this driver follow manual installation of the driver (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html).

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

Hello, last evening I did a complete fresh install of Windows 10 64bit. I removed the graphics card as you suggested. Connected the 4K monitor to the mainboard with the HDMI cable. I left the bios settings unchanged with SGX enabled and 128MB of ram allocated to start-up. I changed the boot sequence to read from the DVD. I formatted the boot drive and installed the OS onto this drive. Next I installed the SGX SDK driver then the Intel Management Engine driver then the Intel UHD 630 Graphics driver for my OS. Next I installed the LAN driver and turned on my internet then installed the Cyberlink UHD Blu-Ray Advisor. When I ran the advisor everything came up green. (To my surprise) I was able to watch a 4K movie (Game of Thrones) on my 4K monitor for the very first time. WOW. I guess something wasn't working right because now everything is working fine.

0 Kudos
SPatw1
Beginner

In recent versions of Windows 10 the Intel SGX driver is normally installed through Windows Update to where you generally will run into issues trying to install the Intel SGX Driver stating an error similar to "the AESM service is already installed".

When you did a complete fresh install of Windows 10, what did you use to perform the installation? From it post it looks like the Windows installer DVD? Would you be able to check which release of Windows 10 that disk installs? Common ones are listed here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows-10/release-information Windows 10 release information

but include 1803, 1709, 1703, etc.

Apologies for the inquiry but there are a good number of consumers out there having the same issues that you were experiencing and we're just trying to narrow down the exact formula for getting this to work; more specifically what is causing it to break. Thanks for the assist.

0 Kudos
HPRetired
Beginner

Instead of only being able to resolve the SGX issue raised by Cyberlink UHD Blu- Ray Advisor, by performing a fresh install of Windows 10 and then installing the dependent components, why can’t Intel resolve what appears to be an incompatibility with the latest SGX driver installed by Windows update ? There must be an initial state condition which is handled differently when SGX is installed using the Platform software installation.

I have an SGX ‘Not Available’ issue (error code -394260080) reported by the Advisor. All the other prerequisites (except HDR, which is expected for my platform)  pass. The Intel check shows SGX is enabled.

Asus Prime z390-A Intel i7-9600K Intel 630 Graphics HDMI connection to 4K monitor, all dependent software components up to date.

0 Kudos
HPRetired
Beginner

A debug trace of Cyberlink’s advisor shows that the SGX check will fail on post Redstone 4 Windows builds……

Because the pswinstaller.exe tries to install an earlier version of SGX which is disallowed in later builds. That’s the reason a fresh install of Windows 10 With an RS4 build or earlier works. (Apr 2018 or earlier).

So the issue is actually with Cyberlink. Presumably (hopefully) recent versions of PowerDVD must overcome the issue. But I can’t play UHD Blu-Ray with PowerDVD 17, because of the incorrectly failed SGX issue.

Advisor Log Extract

00000243 12.39987087 [6032] HCBT_SETFOCUS Before
00000244 12.39994526 [6032] HCBT_SETFOCUS Before
00000245 12.42559242 [2096] [wmain:92]start PSWInstaller.exe
00000246 12.42561817 [2096] [IsWin10RS4Later:78]IsWin10RS4: 10.0, build:19043
00000247 12.42564297 [2096] [wmain:103]check platform sgx capability
00000248 13.44139004 [6032] [cyberlink][ERROR][SgxvVerify():154] return with CYBERLINK_MAKE_RETCODE(CYBERLINK_SEVERITY_ERROR, CYBERLINK_DIVISION, CYBERLINK_CLKS_FACILITY, rmsg2.StatusCode())(0xE8801190)
00000249 13.49177647 [6032] Window Class Name - [FilterGraphWindow]
00000250 13.49180031 [6032] Hook() - HCBT_CREATEWND parent window is NULL
00000251 13.49259663 [6032] *******A..........Anikash*******

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This thread, and redstone 4, are 3.5 years old.

Start a new thread.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
HPRetired
Beginner

Thanks, already opened a new topic under

Intel SGX issue ASUS Prime z390-A Intel i7-9600k Intel Graphics 630

Thanks

0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

I am using ver. 1803 (OS Build 17134.228) Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

0 Kudos
SPatw1
Beginner

Thanks @Timewarpone. In Device Manager under Software Components, when you right click the Intel Software Guard Extensions device and click on Properties, which Driver Version is it showing?

If it is showing 2.0X+, are you still able to play UHD Blu-rays?

You are on Windows 10 release 1803, but after your fresh install of Windows after testing PowerDVD did you wind up running Windows Updates that might have upgraded you to 1803? I'm just trying to see if you tested PowerDVD on a release of Windows 10 earlier than 1803 before updates were applied(common scenario we're running into).

Thanks again for the help.
0 Kudos
VRuss
Novice

The driver ver. shown is 2.0x + and I am still able to play a 4K movie with Power DVD 17. I believe windows updates are automatic in Win 10. In previous versions of windows like 7 i had updates turned off until I was done installing all my drivers and programs then I turned on updates. I didn't see that option after installing Win 10. I have no idea what version I started with or if it was updated automatically.

0 Kudos
SPatw1
Beginner

Awesome, that's exactly the information I needed. Thanks again for the info, this should greatly help in troubleshooting issues with trying this same process on an EVGA Z370 Classified K board.

0 Kudos