Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Safemode regedit's keys

JDesj1
Beginner

I was able to activate the sound and webcam drivers in Win8's safemode. Could you please tell me which keys to add in regedit to make my second screen work? Thank you!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

On a properly configured system, you should NEVER have to do this.

What is the model number of your processor?

Doc

0 Kudos
JDesj1
Beginner

Yeah, I guess! Thanks for the help though! The processor is a i5-339Y.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Please verify your processor model number. Could it be i5-3339Y?

Also, what version of WIndows 10 are you using? 1909?

Doc

0 Kudos
JDesj1
Beginner

Sorry, yes! 339Y. I'm still running Win8.1 Pro.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, 339Y, or Yes 3339Y?

Assuming i5-3339Y, here is your processor and its drivers:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/72013/intel-core-i5-3339y-processor-3m-cache-up-to-2-00-ghz.html

The graphics driver supports upto 3 monitors.

I do not know what your laptop or desktop model number is, or why you are running in safe mode. Can you provide more detail.

Doc

0 Kudos
JDesj1
Beginner

2nd monitor works in normal mode. But something else makes my wifi crash very unpexpectedly, every one or two minutes, then needs me to wait and turn the wifi off to come back. Everything is fine in safe mode.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Safe mode is not production mode. And, if everything was fine in safe mode, you would not be here.

Did the wifi ever work ok (disregarding safemode)?

What wifi do you have?

Is your machine a laptop or desktop? What model number?

If laptop, did you add or upgrade the wifi yourself?

Have you considered doing a fresh install of Windows 10 (using your W8.1 Pro key)?

Doc

0 Kudos
JDesj1
Beginner

The computer is 7 yo. It worked for the first few years yes, then it had a little wifi problem: the connexion would stall for every machine in my home every 90 minutes or so. I changed the modem and tried another network card, to no avail. Note that it only happens from home. A fresh install could work, but I have very little room on the 100go HD and so I would prefer to keep things as they are.

0 Kudos