Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Same problem still

Seth
Beginner

My thread was closed while waiting for the USB-C cable to arrive so here's a new one as directed.

Tried the new cable: no change in behavior.

I tried booting with the lid close and an Ethernet adapter connected to the laptop, and also with nothing else connected. No sound.

I tried booting with the lid open, either connected to the monitor, or disconnect. In both cases, sound works (once connected to the monitor, obviously).

I found a setting in BIOS called "Fastboot" and was sure I found the answer. I changed it from "minimal" to "thorough." No change, even after multiple reboot configurations.

I noticed there is a new WIFI and Bluetooth driver, and knowing Intel drivers are notorious for screwing up unrelated systems (a WIFI driver once made sound unusable in Zoom on another computer, even when not on Wifi), so I dug three links deep to find the buried release notes:

Key Issues Fixed and Changes on package version 22.120.0
Description of Key Issue
Improvement in connection times for some devices in highly congested environment (with many Bluetooth devices).
On some systems, audio discontinuity can be observed after resuming from a Shutdown.

Unclear if that means just BT devices or any audio devices. I guess the latter?

Also unclear: "resuming from a Shutdown...?!?!" Do they mean rebooting/restarting after a shutdown? Or maybe resuming after sleeping? I assume the former, I guess??? Awful lot of guessing involved in reading these release notes.

Anyway I think my next step is to install the Bluetooth drivers and see if that fixes my monitor speakers.

I think there was something else you wanted me to try in the other thread, I forget.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Seth, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter and to answer your questions, first, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Please provide a detailed description of the problem.

What is the model of the laptop?

What is the model of the external monitor? If you are using one.

Which video port are you using to connect the external monitor?

Are you using adapters or converters to connect the external screen to the laptop?

What is the model of the speakers/headsets?

When did you purchase the laptop?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Seth
Beginner

Anyway, a firmware update dated 3+ weeks ago just appeared on Dell's site and it has mostly fixed my issues. It doesn't mention any of my issues in the release notes, but mentions sound problems when resuming from a dock.

That information would probably be helpful info to post in my last thread, for other people having the same problem and who search and find that thread.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Seth, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

"Anyway, a firmware update dated 3+ weeks ago just appeared on Dell's site and it has mostly fixed my issues": Perfect, excellent, it is great to know that the audio problem got fixed after installing the firmware update provided by Dell and now the system is working properly.

"That information would probably be helpful info to post in my last thread, for other people having the same problem and who search and find that thread.", Yes indeed, that is correct, since you have different threads about the same matter, could you please provide the link to your last thread so I can make sure I am adding the solution to the correct one?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Seth, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions or comments, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you in that regard.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos