Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Scaling option for gaming not available anymore

Axel13
Beginner

Hello,

I'm posting here because I can't find any solution to my issue.

I was playing CS:GO a few months ago and I did manage to streched my ingame 4:3 resolution to fullscreen so I don't have blackbars. In order to do that, I simply changed the scaling option in the intel graphic panel.

But I tried to redo it today and it seems the option isn't available anymore (the intel graphic panel is now a new one).

It's really annoying because it's my only option, I can't change this setting in the NVIDIA panel because it's a laptop, I believe I must use the intel option to do that.

I attached a screenshot where you can see that I can see the option but I can't modify it. FYI, it's in french, the option "échelle" refers to scaling.

Thanks,
Axel

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Axel13, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to be able to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to verify some details about your platform, please provide the Intel® Graphics report and the SSU report, on the SSU report please checkmark all the options including the one regarding 3rd party software:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

For testing purposes, do you have the option to connect an external monitor to the laptop? 

If you do, please connect it to the laptop and let us know if the option for "Scaling" is available with that configuration.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Axel13
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

So sorry I totally forgot to check if you answered and I was busy.

So I did the Intel® Graphics report and the SSU report, you can find them attached.

I do have an external monitor and the scaling option is working but it's not from the Intel Graphic Center, it's from the NVIDIA Panel because my external monitor is managed by my NVIDIA graphic card. 

You can see that when I go the Intel Graphic Center, it says that some functionality are not supported because the NVIDIA card is managing the external monitor (see screenshot attached, sorry it's in french...)

I tried to download the old Intel HD Graphic Control panel via Windows store. I managed to install it but I can't launch it. Looks like it's denied by intel I guess. What a shame, it was working with old one...

Thanks,
Axel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Axel13, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Axel13, No problem at all, thank you very much for providing that information and the reports.

In reference to using the Intel® Control Panel, the Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Processor works with the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 controller, and in that case, you should be using the Intel® Graphics and Command Center to do the changes on the graphics configuration you are working with.

The SSU report shows that the current Graphics driver installed in your system is Intel® Graphics driver version 27.20.100.8935, which is the latest one, keep in mind that the Intel® Graphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform, so we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. 

I looked on MSI's web site and the latest Graphics driver available in there is version 26.20.100.6911, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below, once you get the chance, please let us know the results:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS65-STEALTH-9SF#down-driver&Win10%2064

If the problem persists, please verify the information in the following link about some of the scaling options disappearing when using a specific version of Intel® Graphics Command Center, that might be the reason why you do not see those options anymore:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057700/graphics.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Axel13, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Axel13
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Sorry once again, it seems I do not receive the emails notification so I totally forgot...

Indeed your solution to choose a smaller resolution did work, I can now have the option to change the scaling. 

But it's really annoying tough, because it means that everytime I would like to play my game, I would need to change the screen resolution before and change it back after. Not really useful... I would suggest Intel to make an update to this, that would really help the users.

But it's a workaround so thanks a lot for your support 🙂 You can close the ticket

Best,

Axel

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Axel13, You are very welcome, no problem at all, thank you very much for letting us know those results.

Just to let you know, for Intel® it is very important all the feedback and comments provided by the peers in our Intel® Communities Support. So, I will send your observations and suggestions to the proper department for them to be aware of your recommendations in order to try to improve different aspects of our Intel® products.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos