Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Screen Brightness

FSyur
Beginner

The update of Intel Corporation - Display - 26.20.100.7262 made me unable to adjust my screen brightness

Faulty configuration (Dell Vostro 3580)

I5 8265U

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

When using the Intel generic driver, you loose customizations made by Dell for THEIR hardware.

Install the latest driver supplied by Dell and see if the brightness controls return.

Doc

0 Kudos
FSyur
Beginner

If I install the Dell driver, I can adjust the brightness, but Dell doesn't provide the latest version because the Windows Update object keeps updating itself.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, you have a couple of choices:

1. Complain loudly to dell, which will not accomplish anything
  2. Use the dell driver, and block the install of drivers from Windows Update
  3. Use the dell driver, and block that specific driver from updating
  4. Use the intel driver, and the brightness adjust in Windows

Doc

0 Kudos
FSyur
Beginner

The fourth option is not feasible and I want to make the second option can you guide me

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You may download from Microsoft Store the Intel Graphics Control Panel and use it like in the old driver. After installation you will find it in the Start menu, under letter "I"

https://www.microsoft.com/en-as/p/intel-graphics-control-panel/9ndlclmmtmrc?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Blocking driver updates in Windows is not something we support. However, you can use the procedure defined here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

Note: This link is provided for your convenience only.

Doc

0 Kudos
FSyur
Beginner

Can I block that update alone

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
FSyur
Beginner
0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

If the brightness bar is missing, go to control panel, device manager, monitor, PNP monitor, driver tab and click enable. Then go back to settings - display and look for the brightness bar and adjust. ... Expand 'Display Adapters'. Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on 'Update Driver Software'.

0 Kudos