Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Screen flicker and blinking with Intel UHD graphics 630 driver

TheHighTech
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem with the graphics driver, I've tried with the following versions. (Through windows update and from intel's web page)

19/11/2020 27.20.100.8984

29/04/2021 27.20.100.9565

But the screen still flickers and goes black for a second. Usually when locking the computer.

It only stops blinking and flickering when I restore the driver to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from 21/06/2006. I'm not shure if it could give problems later.

Also, I have another issue, I don't know if its related to the problem, but some times the screen goes blank after some amount of time, but I can't unlock it by pressing any key or moving the mouse or anything. The only thing that works is forcing the shutdown of the computer from the physical power button.

I have a HP ProDesk 400 G7, intel Core I7 10700

with Windows 10 pro (21H1) installed.

Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to install the Graphics Driver downloaded from HP site. In case you have the AMD Graphics Adapter installed, you nee to install both - the AMD and Intel Drivers.

Leon

TheHighTech
Beginner

Thanks for your response,

I also tried installing the latest graphics driver from HP for my pc model but the issue persist. The rare thing is that some CPUs are working fine with the drivers mentioned above, but some of them will not work properly with any driver except with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

I don't have the AMD adapter.

Could it be a problem with the processor?

0 Kudos
VenkateshT
Beginner

i'm having the same problem for sometime now. i've tried upgrading and downgrading drivers from Intel and Acer( mine is acer predator 300 series) but no avail. i dont know what to do now.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello TheHighTech,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Have you tried a clean installation of the driver?

- steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

3. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer? Provide the model name.

4. Have you tried with a different monitor?

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello TheHighTech, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello thebest007, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.   

@VenkateshT VenkateshT, I recommend you create a new post in order to get appropriate support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
TheHighTech
Beginner

Hi, 

Can I still send what you requested, I wasn't able to complete it before. 

0 Kudos