Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16847 Discussions

Screen flickerings when using meeting platforms - ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 - Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

George_7
Beginner

Hello everyone,

Sometimes when I use meeting apps or platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams it happens to me to have screen flickerings. What I mean is that suddenly on my screen appear red flickering lines. This is not the only problem, but sometimes also my screen blacks out. Every time I face these out I try to put my laptop on sleep mode and to turn it on after that. For the most part, this solves the problem.  I mention that I've bought this laptop about a year and 3 months ago and the first problem I encountered consists in the fact that the screen blacked out, without getting back. I solved that problem with a forced shutdown. After that my laptop worked very well for a period of time. I also want to emphasize that I've recently checked my driver updates with Intel Driver & Support Assistant and the drivers for Intel Graphics are up to date. 

I would be quite grateful if you could tell me what kind of problem could be, a hardware problem or a software one and what should I do in this case in order to work this out?

Thank you for your time. I'm looking forward to your reply. 

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

IDSA is not always up to date. Let's verify you have the latest:

I would add, however, that if the drivers have been modified by ASUS to support switching between active graphics engines and/or to support additional laptop hardware features (brightness/focus dials, etc.), installing 'raw' drivers using IDSA or straight from the Intel, NVIDIA or AMD download sites could result in improper operation and/or features not working. You should be using the drivers provided on the ASUS site. If these drivers exhibit an issue, you should contact ASUS to provide you with a newer version that has their customizations.

Hope this helps,

...S

XED45
Beginner

HI I have exactly the same issue, especially with moonitor connected via HDMI, did You figured out how to fix this problem?