Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Screen keeps dimming when going into full screen

SamuelHues
Beginner

I am currently running Windows 10 via Bootcamp on my Macbook Air 13" Mid-2017. I have installed all the official apple drivers and am currently up to date on all of them.

Whenever I open a game on windows, my display seems to dim. I try increasing the screen brightness, but it shows itself as being at the maximum brightness. What has seemed to fix the issue is disabling my monitor driver in device manager (current driver is Generic PNP Monitor except I'm not using an external display), which dims the screen slightly overall but does not dim the screen whilst in games.

If anyone knows what is causing this and/or how to fix this, please do let me know. I'd be more than happy to supply any further necessary information. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact Apple support.  They have requested that all questions regarding their platform be directed to them.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello SamuelHues

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The information provided by AlHill is correct. Since Apple* has explicitly requested all support inquiries or issues be addressed directly to them, our recommendation is to check this with Apple® support. Here is the contac link*: https://support.apple.com/

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos