Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20792 Discussions

Skyrim special edition texture problem on Intel hd 530

hhau
New Contributor I

Skyrim special edition in Intel hd 530 have many texture flicker especially around character.The beta driver(battlefield 1,Fifa driver) is not fix this problem

0 Kudos
29 Replies
SLong5
Beginner

Thanks Intel

You guys rule thanks for the hard work making this new beta drive it fixed the texture issue for me and can play Skyrim Special Edition nicely at low-medium settings with FXAA anti Aliasing.

Also Bethesda also relesed patch 1.2 which fixed another flickering issue I was having but introduced a script bug that I fixed by running the game without admin rights.

Another thing I also found out with windows 10 as I use my Intel NUC through HDMI to my TV the sound in Skyrim Special Edition would not work for me. My solution was to Right click My PC and go into Properties and from there to Device Manger open up the tab that says Sound and right click Intel Display Audio Driver and left click uninstall. Afterwards reset.

Youll notice the next time you run Skyrim Special Edition the sound is back and all is well. Happy Hunting fellow gamers.

Amazing what this wee NUC can do only an i3-6100U and it will run Assassins Creed Black Flag in 720P at medium to high settings utterly amazing.

0 Kudos
SBeas
Beginner

Hi Ronald!

It appears that I am also having this problem on the Intel HD 520, as my textures are also wildly flickering.

Please refer to the following pictures to get a better sense of the issue:

My system specs are the following:

Laptop : Lenovo T460s , WQHD version

Processor : Intel Core i7 6600u

Driver Date : 10/7/2016

Driver Version : 21.20.16.4534

Digital Signer : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

I've repeatedly attempted to install the beta driver on my system to no avail. At first, I get an unsigned driver error with the .exe, and it refuses to install further.

I then attempted to have it update by the scan a folder option, and pointing it to the unzipped location of the zipped driver. Instead of detecting the driver, it says that my current driver is up to date, even though this beta is more current.

If I completely uninstall the driver, the Intel HD 520 entry from my Device Manager page disappears, and I am unable to select the correct entry to get it to update. I am forced to have the Device Manager rescan for devices and it finds an older driver. Despite this, further attempts to update to the beta driver do not succeed and I end up having to update to my current driver instead.

I would appreciate it if you and your team could help me with this?

0 Kudos
SLong5
Beginner

I'm not part of the intel team but could still help you.

What Windows are you running?

The driver you download has to match your version of windows but you probably know this.

So when you have the beta driver downloaded for your version of windows and its saying its unsigned you can still install an unsigned driver.

To do this when you start your computer keep pressing F8 eventually a menu should come up.

It should have an option to load an unsigned driver or load windows with driver signing something to that effect.

Highlight it with the up and down keys and press enter.

Once windows has loaded run the driver setup which should install the driver. After this Windows should accept your driver.

I can't remember if you have to run windows with unsigned drivers each time if that is the case then this would be a annoying but working work around until you hear back from the intel team.

Make sure you also got the correct driver as some of them are for developers and some of them are for us.

So you want to use this one

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26464/eng/win64_154512.4552.exe https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26464/eng/win64_154512.4552.exe

Which is for the following windows operating systems.

Windows 10 x64 -64 bit

Windows 7 x64 -64 bit

and windows 8.1 x64- 64 bit

If you are running a 32 bit version of windows this could also be the issue.

Oh yeah one more thing I suggest get every single windows update you can until your PC is up to date.

0 Kudos
SBeas
Beginner

Thanks for trying to help me with this as well.

I forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a 64 bit system. I have every single current update.

I didn't know about the bit about signed drivers and how I had to disable their enforcement. It turns out that I had to hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the restart computer button inside my start menu, to get to a more advanced menu, where it would let the system reboot so that I could change the system to not enforce signed drivers. I rebooted my machine and disabled the enforcement.

Now, however, I get a new error after unpacking all its files and attempting to install the driver: "Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this driver."

I have no clue why I'm unable to install this driver, as my processor (i7 6600u) is clearly listed in the 6th generation of i7 processors, and the install screen says that the driver is also for Intel HD Graphics on 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Processors .

So, for some strange reason, it looks like I can't take advantage of this beta driver despite the installer saying my system should qualify.

0 Kudos
KPhil3
Beginner

Hi, I noticed after doing this I have the same problem. I tried doing what you recommended but I'm not sure what you mean by 'reset', what exactly do you reset?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello psychosprite:

In regard to your inquiry, I assume "reset" means to restart, either the game or the PC after the driver was installed.

If after trying all the troubleshoot steps provided on this thread the problem remains, then for us to be able to start an investigation on this subject, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so, for us further assist you and in case we need to replicate the issue we will need all the details of your system on a new thread.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
hhau
New Contributor I

The problem seem to be resolved.Great job

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello hjymnol:

Perfect, it is great to hear that the issue was resolved and now the game is working properly.

Thank you very much to Ronald_Intel for the information posted previously and hopefully the driver 4552 will fix the problem for all the peers on this thread as well.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
SBeas
Beginner

I was finally able to get in installed by following this guide on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558749190911446231/ How-to: bypass "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer" :: Planetary Annihilation Bug Reporting!

I hope it's useful to other who have had the same problem.

0 Kudos