Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Somehow I'm not able to see pure white on my brand new Asus VivoBook. The whites look slightly yellowish (it's Win 10 and no night light is on). Refer to Details section for further

RAJESH
Beginner

Issue:

• White is not looking pure white, looks a bit yellowish insead

Note:

• The blacks are looking awesome
  • I have latest drivers installed
  • There is no night light feature on (Win 10)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is an issue that you need to discuss with Asus.

...S

0 Kudos
RAJESH
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Thanks for getting back in this difficult times.

I've reached back their CC, but they said that this is how the new gen panels are supposed to look like. The best thing they can do it to get the whole display panel replaced (being in warranty), which I didn't want to. (In fact I don't have the Asus Splendid utility installed, that have notified to have caused similar issues in old laptops, it does not come with new ones)

I was wondering whether it has anything to do with any display adapter (tried updating it to latest, fresh install of win 10 etc.)?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have seen some reports that indicate a similar phenomena (example: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004QxG3USAV/hd-620-yellow-screen-after-driver-update; I searched for "yellowish"). You can try playing with different driver versions if you wish. This linked report talked about the 7000 build, so you could try, for example, the 6519 release.

...S

0 Kudos