Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20731 Discussions

Sound stops working after intel iris xe driver update

2andromeda
Beginner

Dell 5420, i use the audio input jack for external speaker because the alaptop speakers are you know, just not sufficient, now it doesn work, it ony works when i unplug it and. I think its hdmi audio related, i saw the graphics driver uninstall the hdmi audio driver for whatever reason, im sure it needs updatig, but can you guys do it without messing up my regular sound? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
2andromeda
Beginner

After a bunch of shutdowns and resets nothing worked until I shutdown holding the sift key (tip from dave's garage) to really shutdown windows.  And that seemed to clear up any hiccup on the next boot my headphone ouput jack worked properly. 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello 2andromeda,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am glad to know the issue is now solved. Thank you for taking the time to share the solution.

Please be aware that the HDMI audio driver will only have an effect if the audio output goes through an HDMI connection (e.g. connected to an external monitor), it should not affect the audio jack, as it has a different driver for it.

In case you have issues with the audio jack port input, our recommendation is to contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos