Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
18257 Discussions

HD Graphics 630 driver update from 26.20.100.7986 to 31.0.101.2115 failure

Cas-K
Beginner

I'm sending  a log file containing the messages from a failed driver installation and an 'event id 20' entry from the MSFT event log. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® HD Graphics 630.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. When did the issue start? Is it recent?

2. Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

3. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

4. Did you try to perform a clean installation of the drivers?

5. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

6. Are you experiencing any issues with the graphics besides the update?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Cas-K
Beginner

Have you looked at the two attachments? The event log gets an entry every time Windowsupdate runs, complaining about a failure to update the Intel video driver software - this happens everytime Windowsupdate runs. I really can't give you anymore information than the IntelGFX log has. I am running Windows 11 22H2 (  Build 22621.1105). I started getting these evnt log entries right after atempting the Intel driver update. I'm using a desktop and I'm not experiencing any video problems - I was simply trying to stay up with maintenance and felt that getting the latest update from Intel was the right thing to do.  I'm attaching a section of MSinfo32. 

DeividA_Intel

Hello Cas-K, 

Thanks for the response. Just to confirm the issue, please try the following:

1. TRy to perform the update using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant:

2. Tr to perform a clean installation of the driver:

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

Cas-K
Beginner

I'm very leery of doing intel graphics driver updates - my system seems to have problems after these types of updates. I currently have two Intel updates: One is for a intel software component 20.100.0.0 and the other is for an intel extension 20.110.0. I'm going to remove these from the queue. I'm not having any problems with the driver 20.20.100.7986.