Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Specified path missing

John_Mac
Beginner

I have Intel HD 4000 Graphics running on Win 10 - Everytime I boot up PC I get error message that specified path is missing. See attached

I have reloaded the Drivers but no change.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

John_Mac, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 controller is under status of: End Of Interactive Support / Discontinued as you can confirm in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/81499/graphics/graphics-for-3rd-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-4000.html

So, even though Intel® technical support will no longer be provided for this kind of products, still, as an option you may want to try our Discontinued Products Community to get recommendations from fellow community members:

https://community.intel.com/t5/tag/Discontinued%20Products/tg-p/tag-id/919?profile.language=en

Or you may also find the Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

As additional information, the Intel® HD Graphics 4000 controller is not compatible with Windows* 10, there are no drivers available for that Operating System, so any kind of inconsistencies will be expected when using both of them.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
John_Mac
Beginner

I've been using my PC for more than 2 years with Win10 the error messages have only just started.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As was indicated, there is never been any Windows 10 support - read: no drivers from Intel - for Intel HD Graphics 4000-based processors. Microsoft provides compatibility drivers that allows these older, unsupported PCs to be used with Windows 10. These drivers are typically from an older version of Windows (Windows 7, 8 or 8.1) and they were forward-ported to Windows 10 driver models. Now, while MS provides these compatibility drivers, they do not accept responsibility for them, they will not respond to complaints about them and they definitely do not provide maintenance resources to support them. If something goes wrong, there is no recourse.

Bottom line, if a problem has developed, no changes were made to the driver, so any problems that develop are as a result of whatever other software you have installed. Your best recourse, if this is a PC and can accept it, is to install an add-in graphics card. If you cannot do this, you may want to reinstall Windows 10 (which, just saying, I believe you should be doing once a year for optimal performance anyway).

Sucks, but this is the reality of the situation,

...S

0 Kudos
John_Mac
Beginner

Yes I realise that there is no longer any support for this product.

However I was hoping someone would have come across the problem and have a Solution.

0 Kudos