Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Spider-Man Remastered - Iris Xe

Daiv05
Novice

- Black-red particles on the face, body and ears of the npc, under certain light and especially in cinematics.
- Red glare or reflections on walls, glass and puddles in certain parts of the city (especially at night).

I found these same errors also in this other post, from September last year: https://community.intel.com/t5/Gaming-on-Intel-Processors-with/Marvel-Spiderman-on-Intel-Iris-Xe-Onexplayer/m-p/1414217

With the difference that in my case it is an Acer laptop.

Somewhere I read that these errors had already been fixed, but I have tried different drivers (from the DCH .3790 version to the latest BETA .4125) and I even recently formatted my laptop, and the errors continue.

As additional details for my particular case:
- I have also failed to get Xess to show up for me in the game options.
- In Miles Morales I had exactly the same problems. Only that the last drivers I tried in that game were the .3790, I don't know if you won't have those problems anymore (I uninstalled it some time ago)

- OEM drivers are not an option (they present problems in most other recent games).
- I always keep the latest Windows and BIOS updates.
- Game version: 1.1212 (Remastered)
- I have tried different in-game configurations. No changes.

Remastered:

https://youtu.be/Gojg9qw3KRw

Miles Morales:

https://youtu.be/DjA8kpqfXWA

SSU atached.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Daiv05

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to play Spider-Man on your system. Please let's try the following:

Do a clean installation of the latest driver version 31.0.101.4125, using the Display Driver uninstaller. Make sure to follow the instructions as outlined in the shared link.

Also, I see that the OEM driver causes issues on other games, however, we would like to know if you have already tried those drivers with this game and if so, Did the same issue happen?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Daiv05
Novice

Hi.

I have done the steps as instructed with the .4125 drivers, reinstalled the game, and no, it did not fix it.
Then I went through the steps again to install the 27.20.100.8435 drivers (from Windows Update), and then install the 27.100.8935 drivers from the Acer support page.
Nothing was solved, and the game was running at 5 FPS haha.

Finally, I reinstalled the .4125 drivers as normal, and nope.

What I do get is Xess in the game options, but I think that was due to another problem with the game interface.

Captura de pantalla_20230222_023727.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Daiv05

Thank you for completing the troubleshooting steps as well as for the information provided. We will need to continue researching this issue so in order to pass the information to the corresponding team, Could you please provide the in-game graphics settings in English?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Daiv05
Novice

Hi, 

Here I attach the screenshots. Just to mention that I have already tried with different basic settings. I have disabled camera effects, changed ambient occlusion, texture filtering...

Captura de pantalla_20230224_030955.pngCaptura de pantalla_20230224_031007.png

0 Kudos
Daiv05
Novice

Last capture forgotten, sorry.

I have also tried with different upscale methods. But basically all these screenshots are the configuration I have tested for the longest time.

Captura de pantalla_20230224_033143.png

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for the information, Daiv05.

I will keep working on this, and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Daiv05,

Thank you for your patience on this matter.

Could you please test with the latest graphics driver 31.0.101.4146 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html?) besides testing with an older driver like 31.0.101.395 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/762922/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html) to check if there is a regression?

Also, please confirm if you are getting the game from Steam, Epic, or any other platform.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Daiv05
Novice

Hi,
In these days I have updated to the latest version of the game v.2.217 (STEAM) and also updated the drivers to .4146, and the bugs remained the same.
I tried also with the .3959 drivers, and no change.

Captura de pantalla 2023-03-03 144822.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Daiv05

I appreciate the information provided and the troubleshooting that you have performed so far. Allow me to continue researching this issue and I will update you once I have more information for you. Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Daiv05

Thank you for being so patient. After checking this issue internally, allow me to inform you that the problem has been reported to our driver debug team and you can expect a fix in upcoming driver updates, however, at the moment there is no estimated time for the fix to be released. In case you can check or get an update later on you can reference the Bug Id 14018606256.

We appreciate all the information that you provided on this thread as well as the troubleshooting performed.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Daiv05

Hope you found the provided information useful. Since there are no more questions we will be closing this thread. If you run into any other issue, please do not hesitate to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
SalemShady
Beginner
I'm experiencing the same problem but only with miles morales, Spiderman remastered ran fine with no bugs at all, miles morales on the other hand is giving this same issue and black and white spots all over player models
0 Kudos
Ryan07
Beginner

Issue resolved in latest driver version 31.0.101.4575

0 Kudos
Ryan07
Beginner

Issue resolved in latest driver version 31.0.101.4575

0 Kudos