Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Stubborn Graphics Driver (removal)

Dbarselow
Beginner

Hello, I have a Intel graphics driver I want to uninstall but every time I reboot it gets reinstalled even after deleting and or uninstalling the driver the panel is no where to be found except in the taskbar tray, my goal is to delete the uninstall intel graphics control panel and any graphics drivers. Reason because it does not support OpenGL and Intel does not have a solution for my issue. Only thing I can not locate the uninstall intel graphics control panel

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Dbarselow
Beginner

I took a look at what you suggested thank you, it only explains that it collects system information, it doesn't go any further about what else unless I missed something please inform me what it is I missed.

Dbarselow

0 Kudos
Dbarselow
Beginner

No disrespect but I can't seem to permanently remove the mentioned software and driver and you ask me to install more Intel product I would just rather remove what is loaded 

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

What O.S. you have installed - Windows 10 or Windows 11?

Leon

0 Kudos
Dbarselow
Beginner

Windows 10 pro and just to add I tried using both apps and features and, programs and features and neither panned out for me. So now I am stuck on ideas.

Dbarselow

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Try to uninstall from Device Manager:

1. Right click on the Intel Graphics Driver and then click on "Uninstall: - check the "Uninstall device software..." option.

2. Reboot your computer and check in Device Manager if you see Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver in place of Intel driver. If not. repeat para 1-2.

Hope this will help.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Dbarselow   Yes, it collects information about your system that will help in answering your question, since you provided no information about your system.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
Dbarselow
Beginner

I figured it out and thank you for your input, it actually helped me to solve the issue on my own I came to realize what needed to be done is to Roll Back the driver by going into >Device Manager, Opening Display Adapter, Right clicking it's Driver Properties, and selecting the Roll Back Driver option it then installed the windows basic display driver which is a driver that has the OpenGL support that I need Thank you everyone that was willing to help. If there is any change, I'll give an update.

Thank's

Dbarselow

0 Kudos