Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Subtle flickering issue while working in PS, Blender and many other applications. I'm using new Dell G3 with Intel HD 630 graphics and NVIDIA Geforce 1660Ti with Max-Q design.

CKoro1
Beginner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TohI4hkNUxA

I experience exactly what illustrated in the video below.

Other details in the thread. Many users experience the same issue for more than TWO years. Is it OK for such big corporation like INTEL to work on solutions so slow?

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490XyqSAE/brightness-flickering-in-photoshop-with-dual-graphics-cards-hd630

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello CKoro1, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

We appreciate the details provided. We would like to gain a better understanding of the issue experienced. Please share the details requested below.

• Is this flickering experienced in the embedded laptop screen or when using an external display? 
  • Please confirm the cables and port used.
  • Are you using an adapter or converter?
  • Please provide us the DXDiag report by following the next steps: 
  1. On your Windows task bar, click Start (Windows icon in the lower left of the screen). 
  2. Select and press Run. If you do not see Run, hold down the Windows key and press R. 
  3. In the Run window, type dxdiag and click OK. A DirectX* Diagnostic Tool window should pop up. 
  4. In the new window, choose Save all information. 
  5. In the Save As window, the DirectX* information is saved as a text (.TXT) file. Choose the Desktop or another easily accessible location to save your file, and then click Save. 
  6. You can attach the saved file to this thread. 

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
CKoro1
Beginner

Thank you for your response

• Yes, it's experienced in the embedded laptop screen

I think the issue rooted in the interference between dedicated GPU and integrated one caused by drivers

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello CKoro1, 

Thank you for your prompt response. 

Based on the report provided, we noticed that you are currently using a customized driver released by Dell. 

We encourage you to use the customized drive released by your computer manufacturer whenever possible. Intel has drivers available for your system as well, but these drivers are generic since they have not been customized for your system needs. 

We noticied that there are newer drivers they released for your system. Using this link you might see these Dell's drivers updates. You can also check with Dell for the recommended drivers on your system and run other updates available like the BIOS, and Operating System updates if pending. 

Additionally, you might check if the flickering issue happens inside the BIOS configuration screen or in an extended display. To access the BIOS check with Dell the best steps to follow. 

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos
CKoro1
Beginner

I've checked the BIOS configuration. Everything is fine there. I repeat, the flickering issue happens inside certain applications: Photoshop, Blender, DaVinci Resolve.

0 Kudos
DaisyJ_Intel

Hello CKoro1,

Thank you for your response. 

Taking into consideration that you have run the latest updates recommended by your computer manufacturer and you experienced flickering with some specific applications, we would recommend to contact these software developers and verify if your system meets all the requirements and also to check any possible application update. 

Feel free to reply if any additional assistance is required.

Best Regards, 

Daisy J. 

0 Kudos