I tried to update my Steam game but it couldn't update. An error message popped out saying that I'm missing file privileges. I did some research online and found a fix to the issue which involves me temporarily killing the igfxEM module task from my task manager.
I realized that its an old problem that had surfaced 3 years ago and Intel had provided a driver update to fix the issue (I already tried to update my driver but it says that I have the best version). However, I think the problem has resurfaced and causing errors updating my Steam games.
Link to the 3 year old thread with the exact problem: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490Gs5SAE/igfxem-module-denies-access-to-my-folders
Driver : Intel (R) HD Graphics 520
Current driver version is 18.104.22.16899.
Can you please find out what is causing this problem to resurface?
- I'm assuming that you have Windows 10 64 bit Operation System. If my assumption is correct, you have very old Graphics Driver.
- The latest Intel HG Graphics 520 Driver is version 22.214.171.12485 and you may download it here.
- You need begin with uninstalling your current driver.
- Disconnect the internet.
- Right click on currently installed driver (in Device Manager), then click on Uninstall device. Check the "Delete the driver software from this device" option.
- Reboot your computer. After finishing uninstalling you should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Adapter.
- Now, install previously downloaded driver 126.96.36.19985
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.