Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Surface Pro with HD520 will not display on Samsung SmartTV

BHart2
Beginner

We have a Surface Pro with attached docking station having two mini-HDMI ports. Operating system is Windows 10 64-bit. I can connect a mini-HDMI to HDMI connector between the docking station and a fairly large computer screen and have it extend or duplicate the Surface Pro display. Surface Pro is at 3000 x 2000 with 200% text. We connect another cable from the docking station to the Samsung SmartTV (6-series) HDMI2 interface, and Windows recognizes that it is there but will display nothing. That is, it shows a small second monitor but will not save a setting to extend or duplicate to it.

I updated the Intel driver from 22.something to 24.20.something & rebooted, but to no avail. I went into the Intel graphics control panel, and it also recognizes the Samsung and seems to allow Clone or Extend, but when I try to save that, it does not display on the Samsung and will not save it in a profile.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Brian.Hart

Thank you for contacting us; it will be more than a pleasure to assist you.

In order for me to assist you better, please provide me with the .txt file that the System Support Utility will generate. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

As well, have you checked if there is any pending firmware update on your Samsung TV?

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Brian.Hart

We just wanted to double check if you still need further assistance.

Please do not hesitate on contacting us back.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos