Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Swap Monitor Ports in UEFI

HarborCityGear
Beginner

Hi. I have an XPS 8940 (and really love it!). I have a question about swapping the primary monitor from DisplayPort to HDMI in UEFI/BIOS. I have the HDMI monitor on my desk where I can get the higher resolution, and my TV is set up on the DisplayPort with 1980 x 1080. However, upon boot, it's the TV that's the primary and the HDMI as the secondary. The system has the UHD 630 Integrated Graphics chip. And, I also have an i7 CPU (in case that matters). I've seen YouTube videos that show how to do this with older BIOS, but I can't seem to find settings that looks like that on my UEFI machine. When I do get into the BIOS screen and select Video, it only gives me a choice of Auto or Intel Integrated Graphis. I don't see a way to swap the ports. Any suggestions?

TIA

Len

(Quick Note: I have an HDMI Cable running from the TV to a DisplayPort adapter going into the DisplayPort port on the back of the tower. I don't currently have a DisplayPort cable. "If" I simply get a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable, would that allow me to get 2K on my 2K Viewsonic Monitor, and allow me to use the TV on the HDMI Port?)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

These are questions that are specific to your system's BIOS and, since Dell is the implementer of this BIOS, you need to be asking these questions of Dell; we cannot help you here.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

These are questions that are specific to your system's BIOS and, since Dell is the implementer of this BIOS, you need to be asking these questions of Dell; we cannot help you here.

...S

0 Kudos
HarborCityGear
Beginner
0 Kudos