Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

TV screen recognized in extend mode only but not duplicate nor alone (from mini-PC with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200)

AVIDA9
Beginner

Hello,

I am facing a strange issue with my mini-PC (including Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200). When connecting directly the TV screen to my PC, I had no signal.

I managed to connect a monitor as second screen, this worked in Extend mode, both my TV screen and LCD monitor working properly.

When disconnecting the LCD monitor, the TV screen is no more recognized.

When swapping from Extend mode to Duplicate mode, I loose the TV signal as well.

When swapping from Extend mode to LCD monitor only, the LCD monitor works

When swapping from Extend mode to the TV screen only, again no signal.

Installing the lattest graphics pilot (20.19.15.5063) did not solved the issue.

I uninstalled completely the Intel pilot and used the windows default one (Basic Microsoft video board), my TV screen works but with very low resolution (1280x720 against 3840x2160 as standard).

May anyone assist in solving that issue ??

The DxDiag file is attached for your info if needed.

Thanks in advance !!

Arnaud

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What system? We need to look at details of​ port implementation on motherboard. Can see it's a Zotac, but you blanked out exactly the information we needed to look it up.

...S

0 Kudos
AVIDA9
Beginner

Hi Scott,

The system is a ZOTAC ZBOX EI730, including 1 DVI and 2 DisplayPorts.: https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/ei730

The TV screen is connected in HDMI to the DVI port using an adaptor, and the LCD monitor is connected to one of the DisplayPorts using an adaptor as well.

Both are working properly in Extend mode. I tried to swap the screens to other ports, same issue.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

OMG, if you are going to output to a screen using HDMI, don't derive this signal from the DVI output; do so only from one of the DP outputs. Don't use the DVI port unless connecting to a DVI monitor. Remember that the graphics outputs from the processor are in DP form and have already gone through a protocol change in order to create the DVI output. Putting the signals through yet another protocol change to generate an HDMI output is just asking for problems. If you have only two monitors, connect them to the two DP ports.

So, have you tried these scenarios using only the two DP ports? If not, try this. If so, please define the problem(s), if any, that occur specifically in terms of this set of connections.

...S

AVIDA9
Beginner

I just tried this using two adaptators DP to HDMI. Again, it works only in Entend mode, so exactly the same.

It looks like the sytem do not allow to display one single screen in 3840x2160. It displays it only in extend mode, not in stand alone.

Again, when initializing the card and using the basic Microsoft drivers, it works, but only in 1280 x 720. I am maybe wrong, but I tried all configurations with the cables and ports, and it's always the same. It seems to be linked to the graphics card itself, otherwise, how to explain it works fine with the basic Microsoft pilot ?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Wait - you want to show the same image on both monitors? This is only supported if the monitors have the same resolution. You cannot do this if the resolutions are different. The only reason it is working (if you even call what it is doing working) with the MS driver is because the driver did not recognize EITHER of the monitors and defaulted to some minimal resolution for both.

...S

0 Kudos
AVIDA9
Beginner

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, this works indeed with the same resolution on both screens, but this do not solve my initial problem, which is to display ONLY on my TV. Since this didn't work with only the TV, I connected a second screen... So now, this works with both screens in Extend mode, with both screens in Duplicate mode (with same resolution), but as soon as I disconnect the second screen (LCD), the TV signal turns off as well. Same when I set for 1 screen: I manage to display the LCD only, but not the TV only...

0 Kudos
ewalk6
Beginner

It's possible if you have same resolution on your screen.

0 Kudos
ewalk6
Beginner

But, it's not confirm, you can contact to supports.

0 Kudos