Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

The Driver assistant indicates 1 update. See attd Report details. After install sequence runs a while an error window pops up. See attached screen shot. What to do?

PReij
Novice

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PReij
Novice

Hi JJoke1.

You were absolutely right. Intel exchanged, also on their download site, both versions; see attached file 32-64MixUp.jpg. I downloaded the correct one (32, from the 64 section) and had it installed using the device manager. Worked well. Thanks again!

BR, Pim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, snapshots need to be in English. We cannot do translation from images. Grab the text of the message and post as text (that we can translate!).

...S

0 Kudos
PReij
Novice

Thanks for this hint. I will make sure a next time the plain text is in the body. For now the issue is resolved (see below).

0 Kudos
JJoke1
Beginner

Damn! Second attempt. Intel had the drivers uploaded incorrectly. You are getting the 32 bit driver for a 64 bit system, or vice versa. Check the download directory on your system to confirm. If you can find the correct driver, download it manually. Install manually as well. The software assistant is useless. I tried it twice and it failed each time. The correct 64 bit driver installed fine. I chatted with support, but I thought I would check here. I'm sure others are having the same issue. BTW, we do NOT have the same hardware. So, Intel needs to fix a bunch of issues. Try finding the file and do it manually. It should work. Good luck.

0 Kudos
PReij
Novice

Hi JJoke1.

You were absolutely right. Intel exchanged, also on their download site, both versions; see attached file 32-64MixUp.jpg. I downloaded the correct one (32, from the 64 section) and had it installed using the device manager. Worked well. Thanks again!

BR, Pim

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Thanks for reporting this. I have informed the maintainers (i.e. the culprits).

...S

0 Kudos
PReij
Novice

Hi. As you can read in my reply just now, the 32 and 64 versions were indeed mixed up on the download site. Thanks for your response.

BR, Pim

0 Kudos