Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

The Intel Graphics Command Center doesn't it does not let me change saturation.

Juan3
Beginner

Hello, in the passing of the months i have problems with change saturation on Intel Graphics Command Center, the options doesn't exist in the "display/screen" section and it does not allow me to change it under any method that i have searched on internet. Attached image.

Juan3_3-1617652817722.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Juan3
Beginner

Oh, by the way, the input and output of my monitor is HDMI.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Juan3,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you, please provide the following reports and information so we can move forward with your support request.

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information
  • By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

-Intel® Graphics report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Notes:

• With the graphics report, you don’t have to send reports from both tools just the one you currently use.
  • You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

1. Do you refer to "Screen Color Saturation" or "Video Color Saturation"?
  2. Have you tried adjusting this within Windows® Display Settings? Please provide details.
  3. Are you using a straight-through connection to the external display with a single cable, for instance, HDMI-to-HDMI? (no adapters or dongles?)
  4. Intel® Graphics Command Center driver version. Please launch the Intel® Graphics Command Center, go to "System" >> "Driver".

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Juan3
Beginner

1. I mean screen color saturation.

2. Yes, i tried.

3. HDMI to HDMI, without adapters or extenders.

4. It is in the latest version available.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Juan3,

We appreciate the information that you have provided. What we need now in order to continue will be the following two reports and the information below so we can be able to investigate this issue further on our end.

DXDIAG 

• Go to Start > Run or Windows Key + R. 
  • On the Run prompt, type "dxdiag" then click OK. 
  • On the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window, click on Save All Information. 
  • Browse to a folder, type in a filename then click Save. 

Intel® Graphics command center report

Instructions link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Note: You can use the option under the reply window to attach the report and any other files to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).

1. Did you make sure the monitor that you are using has the latest firmware provided by the manufacturer?
  2. Were you ever able to use the option of color saturation in the Intel Graphics Command Center? If yes, were there any changes related to hardware/ software before the issue started?

Recommendations:

• Your graphics driver is outdated, in case you want to update it to the latest one available you can use the following instructions, and to obtain the driver you can download it from this link.
  • Your BIOS can also use an update, you are currently on version F15b released on 2019/11/28 and the current one is F15c released on 2021/03/23 in case you want to update it please use the instructions and guidance provided by the manufacturer of the board.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

* Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
Juan3
Beginner

My intel graphics driver is updated to the last version, as for the bios, i prefer not to risk updating it.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Juan3,

After checking this behavior further, we would like to inform you that this behavior is expected since the graphics driver will read the xvYCC or YCbCr capabilities reported by the display when connected via HDMI, and depending on the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) configuration it will turn it on by default. When xvYCC or YCbCr is detected then Saturation is not used as these options are mutually exclusive.

The saturation option will not show up by switching off the YCbCr button.

When using HDMI® the only way to get this option would be to either get the OEM to modify the driver they offer so it auto-disable YCbCr on supported displays instead of auto-enable (our generic drivers are configured to auto-enable) or modifying the Windows® Registry to change the right key to modify the behavior.

Intel® Customer Support does not offer assistance on modifying Windows® Registry, this is per company policy so what we can recommend is that you could check this further with Microsoft® or your OEM (in this case, Gigabyte™).

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Juan3, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Juan3
Beginner
0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello Juan3,

Since you don’t need anything else for now we will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information in the future, you are more than welcome to submit a new question, just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos