Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20977 Discussions

The Last Of Us - Part 1 game rendering Issue - Graphic driver support required

Naveen_Ak
Novice

I have Intel Iris Xe Graphics, with 16 GB RAM and 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz. When I tried to play the game, it display red color hue most of the screen and rest places with white and black. I feel like new update from Iris graphics support required. Will there be any update soon?

Also I've attached a screenshot of the issue for a reference.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused you. 

In order to assist you, can you please help us with the following information: 

• What launcher or game store are you using to open the game?
  • Is the game on its latest version?
  • Does this affect other games?
  • Is it possible for you to share a screenshot of the game settings?
  • Download and install the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU): https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Naveen_Ak
Novice

Thank you Carlos for attending this issue.

1. Yes, the game is on its latest version i.e, 1.0.1.7
  2. No, the other games are working fine. Example: Farcry 6 & Hogwarts Legacy.
  3. Game Settings:
  • Graphic Setting:

The Last of Us™ Part I  07-04-2023 08_26_37.png

• Display Setting:

The Last of Us™ Part I  07-04-2023 08_26_59.png

I've attached System Support Utility Info along with this response. Kindly do the needful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Mutustina
Beginner
Hey,i have same issue but with "Intel iris plus graphics",can you guys fix it plss.
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Naveen_Ak
Novice

Ya, I just saw your reply Carlos. I've provided the info regarding above issue. Kindly do the needful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak

Thank you for the information provided.  I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @@Naveen_Ak

Thank you for your time. We are still working on this, in the meantime, can you help me with the following:

• Is the issue visible on an external display?
  • Have you tested the original equipment manufacturer driver? https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139001-139500/sp139238.exe if so, do you have the same result?
  • Where did you download the game from? Steam, EPIC, other?
  • Can you share a video with us showing the issue?

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos
Naveen_Ak
Novice

Issue remain the same, here are the things that I've tried.

1. I tried using external display.
  2. Also reverted back to original equipment manufacturer driver.
  3. Others.
  4. Attached video playback file below.
  5. There is this assert message of crash report provided by the game says: "Device removed with reason: 0x887a0006 - The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because of an invalid command passed by the calling application."
0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak,

Thank you for your post and information provided. In this case, let's try just one more thing: 

1. Download our latest driver: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/774229/gfx_win_101.4255.exe
  2. Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) software and extract the file. 
  3. Open DDU ****.exe and run extract program. 
  4. Reboot into Windows* safe mode. (Refer to Start your PC in safe mode in Windows.) 
  5. Go to the DDU extract path and double click the Display Driver Uninstaller.exe to open DDU. 
  6. Click Close in the Options window. 
  7. Select device type to GPU and select device to INTEL
  8. Click Clean and restart, wait the software to finish the process and auto reboot Windows to the normal mode. 

Let me know if anything changes.

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Naveen_Ak
Novice

I did all the above given steps Carlos, still the issue persists.

Although the loading speed of the game increased exponentially, thanks for that.

But, once the loading screen completes, it crashes to desktop screen.

Also crash report says the same. For your reference, I have attached the crash report below.

assert-msg: Device removed with reason: 0x887a0006 - The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because of an invalid command passed by the calling application.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak

Thank you for the steps taken. In this case, I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak

One more question to continue with my research. What is the game store you are using to get/download the game?

Best regards, 

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @Naveen_Ak,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos
PepoIRISXEl29
Beginner

Hi Carlos! I´m Jose from Argentina, i used to have the same problem, but with the new drivers the game lauched and runs for about minute and a half in the prologue before crashing again.

Exactly like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZbwRu2J4M&ab_channel=IrisXeGaming

I would like to know if you are launching a new driver that fix this, and allow us IRIS XE players to enjoy this magnificent game!

My Specs Are: Intel I5 (11th generation)/Integrated GRAPHIC INTEL IRIS XE

RAM: 24 GB

MODEL: ASUS X515 EA.

P.s: AMD has already make it playable with their chip (ryzen 5), and I´m pretty sure that if that happened, you can make it work for IRIS XE too!

0 Kudos